Freshwater forums?

MBVette

The girls at my daycare center asked me for another tank and I'm going to set up a 29g ciclid tank for them. Just looking for some info on fish and so on. So what's a good place for me to get some good info?

Thanks

I used to frequent cichlid-forum.com.

I found that a lot of freshwater forums are pretty ravenous when it comes to newbies. It's a wonder I ever made it through that stage. Think "tang police" for every question. :laugh:

Ironically with the amount of risk you take on with saltwater, most salty people are a lot more understanding. Maybe it's the age or level of maturity you generally need to fund and maintain a saltwater tank?:wacko:

</thread drift>

If I remember back to my freshwater days, those tanks were pretty easy compared to what we do. I'm just looking for info on fish really like what I can put into a 29g tank running basic filtration.

That's the thing where a lot of people freak out - the stocklist. Watch what happens when you say you want to keep African mbuna cichlids (what I used to keep) in a 29g.

That's the thing where a lot of people freak out - the stocklist. Watch what happens when you say you want to keep African mbuna cichlids (what I used to keep) in a 29g.

I know I've bred multiple different mbuna in a 29, and transferred the fry to another 29 (20-50), where I raised them all until 2" then sold them to an LFS...probably half a dozen times. Labiochromis, Zebra, Polystigma, Brichardi (sold the fry there at only maybe 1"). Keep trying acei but no dice.

Do what works for you...

I'm still running a 90g. cichlid tank. Had it for about 10 years now. Let me know if you want any neolamprologus brichardi, I've got them breading like rabbits. Just PM me.

I actually just went ahead and did a tank with glofish and cory's. I went for the easiest thing out there since the tank is not in a place I go very often and I bet they will like the glofish more than the cichlids anyway.