Product suggestion

steveoutlaw

Do you guys have or have plans to make a magnetic acrylic heater holder? Suction cups suck (actually, they lack suction) and it would be nice to have a magnetic mount for heaters. Just a thought.

You guys could always buy the DIY magnet pair and just glue your heaters plastic mounts onto them. It might be tough for Justin and Dan to make a product that will fit all heaters.

We've had this on our list since last winter. One thing that needs testing first is to make sure the magnet doesn't interfere with the heater thermostat. Not sure what the bi-metal strips are made from, if not ferrous alloys then it will be easy. The heater-sized cord grip is the design we'd use, just like our probe/dosing tube holders.

I was thinking more along the lines of just a flat piece of acrylic with a hole in it that the heater just rests in. But, if I were an expert I would have thought about the magnets interfering with the ferrous alloys and throwing off the fetzer valve and causing a whole lot of trouble! :unsure:

I was thinking more along the lines of just a flat piece of acrylic with a hole in it that the heater just rests in. But, if I were an expert I would have thought about the magnets interfering with the ferrous alloys and throwing off the fetzer valve and causing a whole lot of trouble! :unsure:

Fetzer valve? It's all ball bearings these days. Maybe you need a refresher course.

another cool product would be a magnet filtersock holder.

I've thought about this too, but a full/clogged filter sock weighs a considerable amount. Magnets strong enough to hold that up would be prohibitively expensive, now that the price of neodymium has tripled in the last 2 months.