Let the flatworm slaughter begin!

zygote2k

It's time for them to go. They cover all sorts of corals, the acrylic, sometimes on a fish, anemones, and the rocks. They've outlived their novelty so I must kill them.

I siphoned out 2 gallons with about 300 fw's and added 2 drops of eXit to the bucket at 10:30. I'm going to wait 30 minutes to see if they're dead and if not, I'll add 2 more drops and so on until I figure out a ratio that will work.

I'm impatient and dose the prescribed amount to the tank. Within seconds the fw's begin to move much more rapidly and look like they're boiling on the surface of the meat coral. I'll see what happens by 11:30.

nothing except for very active flatworms after the first dose and 30 minutes. I doubled down according to Sean and then they started to detach and become waterborne. It's beginning to look like a flatworm tornado.

Threw in the carbon and scraped the sides of the tank. Will do 15g w/c this evening. LPS corals do not like the treatment. Most of them are retracting completely. Some are unaffected. Chalices, Wellsophyllia, Blastos, and Zoas act as if it's a regular day. Sinularias and Shrooms completely retracted.

Good luck. Didn't do much good for me in my hex. I added 6 times the amount and did water changes and syphoned and still had a significant amount a week later. It will kill many but it does not kill all. The fish and inverts were all fine.

I think it's a weak treatment at best that needs to be done 2 or 3 times. I'm fine with this approach. I used enough to treat 320 gallons on my 150-ish system. I plan on letting the meds stay in the tank for several hours before doing a partial w/c.

Good luck. Didn't do much good for me in my hex. I added 6 times the amount and did water changes and syphoned and still had a significant amount a week later. It will kill many but it does not kill all. The fish and inverts were all fine.

Jan, did you do a single treatment or repeat it every few weeks?

Verdict-

90% success rate. Still see a few in the cracks and crevices, but all of the corals are now fw free. I'll be doing another dose in 2 weeks and using double the amount.

I treated 3 times in 6 weeks. Double dose 1st time then 4 times the dose the second time and the last time was 6 times the dose.

e w' date='14 January 2012 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1326571643' post='397709']

Jan, did you do a single treatment or repeat it every few weeks?

Disgusting. Why did you let it get that bad?

Disgusting. Why did you let it get that bad?

laziness and the fact that they are interesting too but mostly laziness.

If I could dip the whole tank in Revive, it would be better.

4 days after the treatment and no corals, fish, or inverts have perished. The corals are looking great and much more fully expanded. I guess the fw's were doing some sort of harm to LPS, but I had nothing to compare them to except seeing them now. Haven't seen a single fw.