It has begun.. Marineland 200 DD & Stand

Novi

LOL.... I went with LEDs :biggrin:

Ecoxotic 50W Photon Cannons (2x 12k) & (2x453nm). Really indistrial looking and ALOT bigger than what I thought. First time I plugged them in I was looking straight at it and almost blew my eyeballs out!!

$2200 on lighting! Ha! Makes my $1200 seem cheap!

I am very interested to see them on your tank. "Photon Cannon" simply sounds badass! I am sure they are powerful as heck, but would only be nervous about spotlighting. If they give you spread over your tank then awesome. But if you have 4 beams of light shooting down into your tank, then yuck?

Edited by Ryan S

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Chris, forgot to tell you, you should never look directly into them. They're called Cannons and for good reason.:)

Edited by amay121

^ depends how you scape your tank. I have seen a few that were setup to be spotlighted and it looked awesome.

$2200 on lighting! Ha! Makes my $1200 seem cheap!

I am very interested to see them on your tank. "Photon Cannon" simply sounds badass! I am sure they are powerful as heck, but would only be nervous about spotlighting. If they give you spread over your tank then awesome. But if you have 4 beams of light shooting down into your tank, then yuck?

$2200 on Lighting is alot but thanks to Guy, I didnt spend anywhere even close to that :tongue:

There really is no spotlighting. At 14" above my tank it lights up everything and I mean EVERYTHING!!! I was thinking it was going to be like a Light Saber of light myself but its really not. Just dont look at it 10" away from your face!! LOL

have fun with the photon cannons- mount 2 of the 12k's on the front of your truck and see how much area they light up.

I lit the entire back yard up with one of the 453's. It's like a big blue spotlight.

have fun with the photon cannons- mount 2 of the 12k's on the front of your truck and see how much area they light up.

I lit the entire back yard up with one of the 453's. It's like a big blue spotlight.

Rob, did you sell yours or still got em?

Yeah Yeah I am slacking on pictures. I dont really have a nice Digital Camera anymore. Someone stole my Nikon I had :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.... wheeew been mad busy at work but here is an update of where I am now. I finished all my plumbing and layout. Now I just need to primer and cement everything into place.

I used that Marcos Rock Mortar on my Pukani Rock to make some pretty cool sculptures. Great stuff if anyone is thinking of using it!

I am currently waiting on my tax return so I can order my powerheads and actinic led cannons and I will be good to go I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I am one week into my cycle. Here are my test results so far...

Salinity: 1.024

Ammonia: .25

Nitrites: .50

Nitrates 100

dKh: 9.3

PH: 8.0

Phosphates: .02

Calcium: 430

Magnesium 1200

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Woot! Pictures! Look at those cannons! Bam! Very nice Chris!

Thanks Ryan. I am cycling with Live rock in my sump and using Micobacter7 & Bio Fuel to help speed up the cycle. What did you cycle with besides Shrimp and how long did it take?

I dumped in a bottle of Cycle too. The cycle took a month to complete.

I love the 4 foot tank by the way. If you ever want to trade for a cube DD... cough... lmk. :)

I am one week into my cycle. Here are my test results so far...

Salinity: 1.024

Ammonia: .25

Nitrites: .50

Nitrates 100

dKh: 9.3

PH: 8.0

Phosphates: .02

Calcium: 430

Magnesium 1200

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Looks good, I like the scape!

Thanks fellas. Yeah I didnt want a huge rock pile this time around. I am looking to fill everything in over that "Canyon" with lots of nice Acro's! Will look good I think in time.

I have the Super Reef Octopus 3000 Cone External and this is one weeks worth of skim running only for 15 hours a day while my cycle is going. I love this thing!!!!

skim.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost there :biggrin:

Ammonia: 0.25 ppm

Nitrite: 0.1 ppm

Nitrate: 0.5 ppm

Phosphates: 0.06 ppm

I am now exactly at 3 weeks since the cycle began. Everything seems to be falling daily now so I am thinking by the end of the week I will do my first water change and might be ready for CUC on the weekend. I have quite a bit of GHA I'd like to start getting mowed down!

Thinking I am also going to setup a Phos Reactor with some Rowaphos end of the week as well as adding a good portion of Chaeto in my sump to help bring down the Nitrates.

I am so friggin ready to look at something other than 200 Gallons of zilch :lol2: