Shop Light for Refugium-missing screw-on button

Annap729

Im missing a part for the refugium light-standard freshwater cheapy 24" (the kind that you get at the fish store). It's the rubbery threaded thing that keeps the on/off button outside of the fixture (if it's not on, when you push the button it goes into the fixture).

where the H-E--double hockey sticks can i get this? i checked marine depot.

I don't know about the "rubbery" part, but I would expect a switch like this to have a threaded shaft and a retaining nut that screws onto it.

My local Lowes has an assortment of replacement switches between the fans/lighting and electrical supply aisles. If you're lucky you could buy a similar switch and cannibalize the retaining nut from it. Otherwise you'll probably have to replace the whole switch.

Good luck!

If you're going to control the light with a timer or a controller why worry about it, hold the switch and turn the light on, push the switch inside the light and silicone over the hole. Plug the light into the timer and forget about it.

Thanks for the suggestion big country! This was a light my housemate let me use briefly. It never had one but I thought since he lent it to me I could find a replacement. I'm going to search online for the replacement this evening.