MY ORA PLATINUM CLOWN

hoppies99

I has a confused. Is she swimming/acting weird? Or has she taken over your account? If so we should all be very afraid...

sorry guys.... i've try to get the link of the video on youtube, but i dont know how..

please goes to youtube: ORA PLATINUM CLOWN PAIR BY THEKDNGUYEN99

THANKS

SO SORRY

Unless you want to breed them you dont really have to do anything, just enjoy watching this new behavior your fish are doing. The eggs will just become some really good food for your other fish.

In the future if you plan to raise some theres a great book that will give you alot of the information you need to do so. Look for Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson. Ive read the book 3 times now from cover to cover and still havent bred one fish yet. Theres also alot of memebers that have or are breeding clownfish, Im sure they would be more then willing to give you whatever information you need.

Unless you want to breed them you dont really have to do anything, just enjoy watching this new behavior your fish are doing. The eggs will just become some really good food for your other fish.

In the future if you plan to raise some theres a great book that will give you alot of the information you need to do so. Look for Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson. Ive read the book 3 times now from cover to cover and still havent bred one fish yet. Theres also alot of memebers that have or are breeding clownfish, Im sure they would be more then willing to give you whatever information you need.

Thanks for the advices....I did some research on online.

My mated pair displayed the same behavior. Sit back and enjoy! It is cool to watch the eggs develop but after 14 days they don't usually make it. Mine had a new batch every 2 to 3 weeks. Hth.

My mated pair displayed the same behavior. Sit back and enjoy! It is cool to watch the eggs develop but after 14 days they don't usually make it. Mine had a new batch every 2 to 3 weeks. Hth.

WOW......THIS IS MY FIRST PAIR, I STAY UP LAST NIGHT TO WATCH THEM. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE THEY LAY EGGS.

Both your clowns look to have bloated bellies and when my clowns have laid eggs they typically did it where there was some sort of shelter or hosting animal. Yours is doing this on a rock out in the open with a bunch of other fish swimming around, atypical behavior to me. Does the other clown hang out there, too? When they lay eggs the female lays and the male broadcasts his sperm over it. Mine always stayed together when they laid eggs but yours are apart and nowhere near each other. Also, their swimming seems to be more labored than is typical for an egg laying clown. I may be reading too much into the video, but I'd keep a close eye out on both of them and see if they are deteriorating. Egg laying should not cause the female clown to act too abnormally. I agree that the motions across the rock look like egg laying, but again, I am curious as to why it would lay eggs out in the open like that with no shelter around at all.