Wave Action Valve

Supernova26

Does anyone uses the Wave Action Valve? I am debating of getting one for my next build and I wanted to hear some reviews from people who run it. Also if someone can direct my where to purchase one I would appreciate it.

I know that any valves really drop the GPH of a pump. But I am not familiar with this one, I think we have a couple members who actually work for/run the company. I dont know their affiliation. But I see the logo around from time to time.

Hey man, I have two on my tank and they are absolutely kick butt! Talk to BBYATV (bruce) he is the CEO, President, and Chief Laborer and he won't steer you wrong. Even though i don't have any coral, you can always come down and take a look at my setup to get some ideas.

What Braden said ^

As to what Joshua said, I didnt notice the flow slow down that much. With the WAV you do have to install a few extra fittings which will slow it down some, but not much IMO.

I had one on my 72 bow front when I had it set up before i moved last year. I really liked it, it gave lots of random flow. I had it hooked up on a quiet one 4000 pump for awhile, and had plans to hook it up to a ehiem 1262 but never got around to it before I moved. I'm thinking about placing my WAV on my 55 gallon with the 1262, I should be able to remove all my powerheads which will be really nice.

I'm pretty sure treesprite also runs a WAV on her tank without any powerheads as well.

As to what Joshua said, I didnt notice the flow slow down that much. With the WAV you do have to install a few extra fittings which will slow it down some, but not much IMO.

I could be wrong, I am not familiar with this specific device. I use a SCWD which really cuts down on flow with my Mag18. I know one is an electronic switch, and the other is powered by the water itself. I may consider using this in my system if it works well!happy.gif I will follow this one, to see what I can learn!

Yea that may be it, the WAV has an electric motor that turns to direct the flow. I would imagine it takes alot of force for water to turn a swcd. If I remember correctly the WAV turns at 4 rpm. I think Bruce also recommends a larger diameter pipe to also reduce the head loss due to friction.

Edited by FearTheTerps

I LOVE MY WAV!!! Can't you tell from the link to the WAV site in my signature?

I have a 75g 48"x18". I use a 1587 gph rated GenX pump to feed the WAV. I have the outputs divided, so instead of 2 x 1", I have 4 x 3/4" (two to each side of the WAV), and they put out very good pressure. My flow is very good and I have no powerheads in the tank. I am growing things on my outputs to make them more presentable (palys, zoas, mushrooms, IG monti....).

Bruce backs up his product with awesome customer service!

Edited by treesprite

I liked the WAV on my tank but made the mistake of installing it under the tank to feed the returns in the overflows, it does not like that much backpressure, over 2' of head, and will cause the magnets to skip. One of these days I'm going to redo the plumbing on my tank and move the WAV up to the water level like Bruce shows on his website and I'm sure that it will work great then

I liked the WAV on my tank but made the mistake of installing it under the tank to feed the returns in the overflows, it does not like that much backpressure, over 2' of head, and will cause the magnets to skip. One of these days I'm going to redo the plumbing on my tank and move the WAV up to the water level like Bruce shows on his website and I'm sure that it will work great then

Thanks for the tip. My oringinal plan was to install it way low almost at sump level. Not going to be doing that no more.