great place for fishing in Va

NamReefs

hi everyone im try to go fishing but not sure where is the good place in VA i can go. so pls anyone on wamas know where is the good place and give me address. im really thank you.

Nam

find a body of water and throw a line in. If you know what you are doing, it'll be a good place to fish.

Agreed, but dont forget luck!

You can't go wrong with Occoquan Reservoir, can go out of Fountainhead park or Lake Ridge Park. There is Burke Lake Park but never had a whole lot of luck there. Fountainhead was always my favorite, they rent boats, have a boat launch, fishing pier and they have a bait shop. Caught many a crappie off of the fishing pier to take home to dinner, plenty of catfish, bass and bluegill in that lake also.

I agree about burk, hundred of hours as a kid. And no one caught much...

Burke lake is a very heavily fished lake and is hard to catch fish.

I dont know if you have a boat or not but I like to put my boat in on the upper potomac as Algonkian park in Sterling/Ashburn. Its very shallow so you have to be careful, but whenever I take someone out I go there because we always catch fish. Usually smallmouth, but we have pulled many large large mouth bass out as well. Also as mentioned Fountainhead regional park is good and I think they rent boats as well.

John

You can't go wrong with Occoquan Reservoir, can go out of Fountainhead park or Lake Ridge Park. There is Burke Lake Park but never had a whole lot of luck there. Fountainhead was always my favorite, they rent boats, have a boat launch, fishing pier and they have a bait shop. Caught many a crappie off of the fishing pier to take home to dinner, plenty of catfish, bass and bluegill in that lake also.

Thanks alot everyone . I think I know where to go now.