SOCIAL @ REEF STORE

WAMAS will cover the sodas, but if anyone wants to bring any baked goods, that would be helpful. I have to inventory any chips, but I think the last meeting might have killed most.

Guest Larry-T

It looks like I won't be able to make it. I'm leaving on the 13th for a week-long business trip and I'll be tied up all weekend making final preparations.

Enjoy!

Guest chewie70

I'll be attending. It's bring your own beer, right. :D

See you tonight!

Howard

Guest alex wlazlak

isnt it in like the back of a bunch of other stores?ill try to make it up if i can, but im only coming down to v.a. at like 6, and then will be around like 8 or so..but ill try to stop in!(ill be the 15 year old)

Thank you all who attended this event. It was nice to see some familiar faces again as well as meet new people. We all went home with nice pieces and some new stories. I personally learned some about the red bug and the "interceptor" treatment as well as blue crabs Vs snails. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Keep reefing.

Jacob :D

Jake et al,

It was also nice to see some familiar faces and meet some "screen names" face to face. I don't get the whole Star Trek/Star Wars convention thing, but it is nice to rub elbows with people who have the same twisted affection for salty critters. I ended up taking home a piece of the Montipora Hispida(sp?). I was ready to buy some clams, oh well.

In regards to the red bugs and Interceptor treatment, I ran across some info from Eric Borneman and others on Reef Frontiers. In his research he has come to the conclusion there is no larval stage with the red bug. It also seems to be an unidentified specimen, which he may end up identifying if he can't get someone else to do it. Since there is no larval stage, it seems as if one appropriate treatment might do the trick. With my Acros, I plan on removing them and treating them in a separate tank. In doing this, I will keep the corals out of the main tank for a week or two since the red bugs seem to die off in 5-days without an acro host. Given this time I might even do two rounds of the Interceptor... shouldn't hurt anything.

Anyway, here is the best read I have found.(IMO) There is a picture on page one of the thread with a link to the reefs.org dosage of Interceptor and how-to.. Eric Borneman, who posts as EricHugo, has a nice post on page 6 of this thread. There are also two movie clips on the next page of the thread that Eric sent in.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5119