Hello!

I'm new to WAMAS as well as to the hobby. My coworker Bob (YBeNormal), told me about WAMAS. This site is great and I've learned a lot about this hobby from all the posts. I have a 29g tank, which is built into a wall in my basement and it's been up for a little over two months. I have a CUC of various snails, a few hermits, and a cleaner shrimp. I also have a pair of true percs and a six line wrasse. I would like to give props to my LFS, Aquarium One. The guys there are very knowledgable and helped me get my tank started.

I'm already addicted to this hobby and can see myself going broke!

--Richard

(edited)

Welcome! My advice, take it slow and start saving up for coral/live stock/additives/equipment purchases now! Most of the times I skip two meals a day to get couple of frags, lol!!!

Edited by Reefoholic

(edited)

Welcome to WAMAS!

Thanks Max! I also appreciate your help with the Octopus SS part.

Welcome! My advice, take it slow and start saving up for coral/live stock/additives/equipment purchases now! Most of the times I skip two meals a day to get couple of frags, lol!!!

Thanks for the advice. My next purchase is going to be a RODI system. I've been buying RO water from a Water Factory near my house.

Edited by Greenhornet

Welcome to wamas, check out the dedicates tank forums for all your inspiration, if you're going nano, we have a nano area as well

Welcome Richard, that water factory water is what i use as well as water from Aquarium One, only thing that discouraged me from having an RODI unit is all the rejected water, in my eyes i saw $$$ going down the drain LOL. this hobby is very addicting so definitely make your coral selection wisely and save your self a lot of money.

Welcome to WAMAS!

Now that you are a member, you could also take advantage of some of the discounts that we get for a RO unit at our various vendors. For RO stuff, I have had good experiences with Air, Water, Ice.