Fish suggestions

Mopar32985

Just recently traded some of my fish to trockafella for some coral and now have plenty of room for some new ones. I'm looking for some not so common fish to add to my 38 gallon. Just want something you don't see everyday. Right now I have 2 false percs and a leopard wrasse. Would love to hear some ideas. By the way trockafella great guy to deal with and a very nice tank. Thanks for any suggestions.

-Chance-

Check out the Yellowheaded Jawfish.

Thanks for the suggestion man. The funny part is I did have one in this tank but got rid of it. The only thing I didn't like was he would get a mouth full of sand swim up to the top of the water than let it all out. Very nice looking fish just a little messy.

-Chance-

Yeah they can be a little messy but if you get them to breed the male will hold the eggs in his mouth to protect them. Unique and cool!

Yeah they can be a little messy but if you get them to breed the male will hold the eggs in his mouth to protect them. Unique and cool!

Thats def cool sounds alot like chiclids which I used to breed years ago.

Blue spotted jawfish.

Wow just looked it up seriously beautiful fish. I'm going to have to consider that one. Thanks for your input.

-Chance-

if you've got a lid, flasher wrasses, yashi hashi gobies, and pearly jawfish are some of my favorites. A possum wrasse is another fish that's very cool. any shrimp goby pair would be fun. a pygmy or flameback angel is a another small tank fish I really like.

I've always been a fan of midas blennies. Great color and personality. Plus, how can you say no to this face?

1-2-07-midasblenny.jpg

Thank you all for the suggestions alot if very cool looking fish. Is it ok to put more than one wrasse in a tank. Also I have a small female leopard wrasse can I add another and will one turn into a male. Thanks

-Chance-

Try a peppermint hogfish.....they have great personality and are constantly moving around the tank......

Darren

Thanks man will have to check it out. O actually bought one new fish tonight got the blue Pygmy angle with the yellow on the face. It's a cool little fish.

-Chance-

Thank you all for the suggestions alot if very cool looking fish. Is it ok to put more than one wrasse in a tank. Also I have a small female leopard wrasse can I add another and will one turn into a male. Thanks

-Chance-

What kind of leopard wrasse do you have?

Most can be kept in small groups, you may see some aggression when one of them begins to turn into a male, but is is not usually that bad. Female leopard wrasses are usually pretty peaceful with most everything, males are usually peaceful with everything but other males. You could add more, just remember that MOST leopard wrasses have internal parasites when imported, running a round or two of prazipro is a great idea.

What kind of leopard wrasse do you have?

Most can be kept in small groups, you may see some aggression when one of them begins to turn into a male, but is is not usually that bad. Female leopard wrasses are usually pretty peaceful with most everything, males are usually peaceful with everything but other males. You could add more, just remember that MOST leopard wrasses have internal parasites when imported, running a round or two of prazipro is a great idea.

Thanks Chad for your reply I appreciate it. I have I guess a standard leopard wrasse she is all white with black spots and some coloration on her fins. Beautiful fish I really enjoy her. I think I'm going to try and find another female. I know that you can buy a male but would love to see the transformation into a male. I will put the new on in my hospital tank for a few weeks to make she it's ok. Thanks again for your input.

-Chance-

It is probably a M. meleagris.

Just make sure that your hospital tank has a sand bed of a couple of inches when you do it, since as you know, these fish bury themselves in the sand every night.

(mine seems to "wake" an hour after the lights turn on and buries herself about an hour before they shut off)

It is probably a M. meleagris.

Just make sure that your hospital tank has a sand bed of a couple of inches when you do it, since as you know, these fish bury themselves in the sand every night.

(mine seems to "wake" an hour after the lights turn on and buries herself about an hour before they shut off)

Yea they are really cool. Mine comes out and goes under the sand bed about the same time everyday. Thanks again.

-Chance-