Looking to buy a cube tank

Martyd

I am looking to buy (or have built) a cube tank in the 40 to 60 gallon range. This is going to be a freshwater tank, so I won't need an overflow. I would prefer a rimless tank if possible. What brand should I look for or who builds nice tanks? I looked at Glass Cages, but I hear that they are not so good.

Thanks.

Marty

if you're looking for a glass tank with a rimless look and are willing to spend the money, miracles makes a great tank. they are expensive though.

you could also go the acrylic route and get naga to build you a tank. if you don't have to have rimless, oceanic and marineland make great cube tanks.

NAGA builds glass and acrylic, and he does rimless tanks as well.. All built exactly to your specs. And he is local, so ridiculous shiping charges. He does excellent work as well..

(No sales outside the For Sale forum (a member benefit), OK?)

Marty, it sounds like you're looking for something new, is that correct?

if you're looking for a glass tank with a rimless look and are willing to spend the money, miracles makes a great tank. they are expensive though.

you could also go the acrylic route and get naga to build you a tank. if you don't have to have rimless, oceanic and marineland make great cube tanks.

I'll agree with you that they build a good tank, but I don't think they are expensive. I got a 150g rimless cube (3'x3'x27"high) for 1200 shipped. The Marineland 3x3x24 cube comes out to 1000. I am extremely happy that I paid an extra $200 for the rimless tank.

I'm glad that you chimed in, Steve. Didn't you also have an experience with Glass Cages regarding a cube from them?

Tom-

You mean the water all over my floor?

It is my personal opinion that Glasscages is an awful company. They don't give a crap about their customers and once the tank is in your hands, you are on your own. I don't care how many people say "oh, I never had a problem with them".......they sell cheap, they do crappy work, and their warranty is written so that it doesn't matter what happens, they get to decide if the problem is covered by warranty.

Oh, were you looking for a rant?

LOL. I just wanted you to share your experience honestly. I remembered the experience and thought it might be helpful to this person to hear first hand. The rant is fine. It's deserved.