TANK MOVE HELP for Sunday

HowardofNOVA

OK, I'm transferring this over to the General Discussion Field!

This Sunday afternoon around 5-5:30pm,

I need to move my 90g Reeftank about 10 FEET!

ESPN Draft will be on TV by the way.

Tank has about 160-180# of LR in it, 2 1/2" LS bed, mostly Soft corals & fish.

I WILL start draining everything into containers as soon as I know I have 3 people coming over and removing LR into tubs.

I'm looking for 3 gents to move JUST the tank with some LS from one stand to another, about 10 feet and should take NO More than 1 minute for actually move.

I will do the rest!

This actually will be a really quick move!

Figure I will drain water into tubs to about sand level. Remove just enough rock to lift tank and walk around corner to NEW Stand which I will have ready to go.

Please let me know if you are available.

I have 4-22g & 2-18g tub for water and rocks. Will have one 30g type tub for putting in water in front of new spot to return to tank. That should be all the equipment that we will need.

Appreciate in advance!

Howard

2927 Rogers Drive

Falls Church VA 22042

Cell 703-899-6209

PS: For those who wanted to do Frag Swaps and in the area, this might be a good time to pickup your item....less we got to move by Sunday

Count me in

I live less than 5 minutes from your place (in Graham court). You can rech me at 703-641-9599 (eves after 6-6:30 pm) or office (til 5 pm) 202-822-3862.

JM

JM AWESOME!

That make it you, me and Mike!

If you can show up around 5:30ish if that works for you?

Just need at least one more person to confirm and I will start draining the tank around 5pm, so that when you guys arrive, it should be a quick p/u, shuffle feet a few seconds and place on new stand and I will complete from there!

Thanks

Howard

Guest clownfish4

Howard, I will definately be there. I would suggest removing ALL of the rock because it is going to be heavy enough with the sand alone.

Don't worry Mike,

I'm sure when JM and I slide the tank onto your back, it won't hurt US a bit!

:blink:

Don't worry Mike,

I'm sure when JM and I slide the tank onto your back, it won't hurt US a bit!

:blink:

30036[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, we will be carful not hurting our fingers :P

Howard, if you need help in taking the rock and stuff out before we show up, let me know, I'll be happy to help with the dirty part too.

Thanks Jim,

Mike plans on being there around 5:30pm,

I'll start around 4:30-5pm draining water into tubs as soon as I'm sure everyone? is coming over?

So that's Mike on one corner, Jim on another, me on another and .....

....ok, I need one more volunteer?

Anyone interested? :blink:

Give me a call if you are?

Howard

Thanks Jim,

Mike plans on being there around 5:30pm,

I'll start around 4:30-5pm draining water into tubs as soon as I'm sure everyone? is coming over?

So that's Mike on one corner, Jim on another, me on another and .....

....ok, I need one more volunteer?

Anyone interested?  :blink:

Give me a call if you are?

Howard

30073[/snapback]

I can lend a hand for the lifting if you need it Howard.

Steve

OK, OK, OK, YES I CANCELLED AGAIN!

Just toooooo much to get done by myself so instead of hurrying and messing things up, I'm moving date again!

THIS SUNDAY, 1May05 5pm! This will NOT be cancelled this time! :rolleyes:

Appreciate any volunteers again?

Thanks Mike and JeanMarie' for offering this Sunday!

Would like to request RSVP again for THIS coming Sunday?

Howard

PS, Had the pleasure yesterday while working in the tank with my wet arms of touching the 250w MH Reflector and getting a nice PERM!

:afro:

Rocked me pretty good!

Of course, I moved the plug in temporary to a NON GFI plug. It felt so good that 5 minutes later, I DID IT AGAIN! ....kind of relaxed the perm on that turn!

:dizzy2:

Woke up this morning to tank not running, a quick check showed breaker popped off about 3 hours earlier, finally figured out the the ViaAqua Heater was shorting out when I noticed the water temperature was at about 73 degrees. Replaced and will check on again at lunchtime. Hopefully, all will be well?

PS, Had the pleasure yesterday while working in the tank with my wet arms of touching the 250w MH Reflector and getting a nice PERM!

:afro:

Rocked me pretty good!

Of course, I moved the plug in temporary to a NON GFI plug. It felt so good that 5 minutes later, I DID IT AGAIN! ....kind of relaxed the perm on that turn!

:dizzy2:

/quote]

Sounds like you had fun :D

Sunday at 5pm it is then

Thanks JeanMarie'

Between, the drywalling and painting the walls!

Staining and putting together the new stand!

Working on the sump, tank, getting my perm :)

was a tad too busy!

Extra week will come in handy to get all the buzzz, I mean bugs out and get the show ready to happen!

See you Sunday!

Howard

BTW, Didn't know that I could actually hold a lightbulb and it lights up!

B)

BTW, Didn't know that I could actually hold a lightbulb and it lights up!

B)

30149[/snapback]

Howard, now you got my attention. Sine one of my MH ballasts is dead, why don't you come up and use your powers to light the bulb for me? I'll provide you with a stool and beer :D :P :D :P til I buy a replacement ballast :lol:

Cool,

Steven, Gary & JeanMarie', Thank you and see you Sunday at 5pm!

I got buzzed twice last night while working in the tank, should have done something then, don't know what I was thinking to pass that off as just static electricity...dang near dropped me to my knees!

Woke up this morning to see the tank pumps/lights off. Remembered that the water temperature was cool last night. Reset breakers and Electrical lines BACK to GFI plugs. Played musical chairs until I found the culprit!

DANG CHIP, Figured with all that hair getting in my eye's, no one would notice my SMALL bald spot?

Guest clownfish4

I will be there Howard. I can be there earlier then 5 if you need me to.

Oh Fine!

First you pulling the plunger on me, now you can't even look to the top of the page?

Geeeezzz,

Ok, ok, read my fingers....

2927 Rogers Drive

Falls Church VA 22042

703-899-6209 cell

End of blacktop driveway, through steel gate, turn right, DOWN STEPS, Open Door!

....thanks for your help!

PS, If you haven't sent your check, feel free to bring it then.

:P

GARY!

What, you think you can come to MY PLACE, gaze upon my creation and NOT PAY?

:crowngrin:

Howard, just back to town and saw posting. If you need another hand give me a call or reply. Good luck. Dano

UPDATE:

Folks this deal is on!

I got one coat of paint done last night by 3am, putting second tonight, will have sump up and running Saturday and should be able to drain about 20-25g into it, so will save on the buckets. Stand is ready to set in place and Electrical wiring will be ready.

5pm at my place, Between 5:15-5:30pm will move tank to it's next resting place until summer of 2006, Hopefully will have a new house by then??

2927 Rogers Drive

Falls Church VA 22042

Cell: 703-899-6209

Come to left of house on blacktop driveway, through steel gate, turn right, down steps, door on right.

Appreciate the offer's of help and see you guys then!

Mike Clownfish4

Jean Marie'

Gary

Steven DChild

Jacob

Dano

NOTE: I'll have my Conductivity Meter there in case you want to bring and check your RO or RO/DI water to see if your close to needing to change filters?

Also, I believe I won't need any more tubs, etc. I believe I'm covered with that, just bring your muscles!

Oh, being you guys have been so great, DON'T bring a check.....cash is better

:P

Howard

sorry Howard, The Treassury Secretary (wife), The CEO (wife), and Vice President (wife) said check only..... hey I am only the president and notice not even in high caps....