Hello

I didn't see a forum for introductions, so I'm parking my greeting right here.

I started my first ever saltwater tank last year, a 10 gallon nano (specifically, a BC14). My backup power didn't last long enough during one of the winter outages and it died. I didn't have much livestock, but I did manage to salvage a few of my frags, which are holding on in a "hospital" tank I set up. I also held on to most of my LR which I'm using to seed some base rock. Now, I'm rebuilding my reef. Bigger. :-)

Pulled the trigger today and ordered myself a starphire 50 breeder from Glasscages (basically a 40B that's 3" taller so it's a full 50g). I'm usually big on DIY, but this time I've decided to put my bonus and tax refund to use this time and just buy my base rig. After some consideration, I ordered their custom stand and a custom 29g sump to go with the tank. I'm planning on using LEDs, probably 4 of the RapidLED PAR38 spotlights and some stunner strips to round it out. I've got a bunch of other equipment left over from my other tank, but I'll probably be doing a lot of research in the coming week or two deciding what else I want to use to round out my equipment list.

So... hi! I'm looking forward to being part of the WAMAS community.

Glad to have you here, Siege. Before you get too far, though, please consider joining WAMAS as a full member. Click on the link in my signature for a testimonial written a while back regarding the benefits of membership. You'll probably have others chime in here as well to encourage you to join.

In any case, I look forward to hearing more about this newer tank that you're setting up. Welcome!

Actually, I did buy a full membership when I first signed up. Got my card in the mail and everything. But I think my forum account has been screwed up as I joined before I validated my email address or wrote my first post (just today). I just noticed it wasn't showing that I'm a member and fired off an email to... well... quite possibly, you. :-)

WooHoo!

My guess is that I should have waited until after I validated my email address before I ordered my subscription. They probably both updated the same value. Ah, well... thank you for the quick fix! Membership's first benefit, apparently. ;-)

Welcome to WAMAS!!!

I think you will find a really great group of very helpful folks with a diverse skill set; if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask :)

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your build!

Weclome to the club, Im sure with your membership you will be buying frags to fill your tank in no time.

Everyone loves a build thread, see the dedicated tank forum.

Thanks... I'm in that weird state where I've spent the first chunk o' money and now I can't wait to get started.

Calling VA wierd? Probably get a lot of the MD folks to agree with you on that one! :laugh:

Welcome to the club! Check out the sponsors page for stores in the area. And of course, there are a number of items that show up on the FS, group buy, and DIY forums. And feel free to go to the dedicated tank forum to document your build. We'd all like to follow along.

Cheers!

Calling VA wierd? Probably get a lot of the MD folks to agree with you on that one!

Heh, well... I'm a carpetbagger Yankee from up North, so...

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I actually have a few pieces of equipment I need to find new homes for, so I'm heading over to the FS section now.

Got the call from glasscages today... My new tank will be delivered on Saturday morning!

Hurray!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk