AVAST "Mutiny" Ozone Reactor

dandy7200

Very nice.

I suppose that this is the reactor only? Does the aquarist supplies the luft pump and the ozone generator? If so, any recommendations?

I seem to understand that this reactor supposedly makes my ozone generator work more efficiently. I don't understand what this reactor is supposed to do or what it is for, can someone explain better?

Does water constantly run through this all the time? I'd have to get another pump to run water through the reactor and plumb the reactor output to the input of my carbon reactor, if I am assuming correctly that it has water running through it all the time, if not I'd need a second carbon reactor?

I'd have to replace my small air pump with a much larger and more expensive luft pump, or do I still input air from my small pump to the generator and need to have another luft pump to put air into this reactor?

Currently I have my ACIII set up to turn on the air pump and ozone generator based on the orp reading of my tank and the ozone is injected into my skimmer air intake.

Very nice.

I suppose that this is the reactor only? Does the aquarist supplies the luft pump and the ozone generator? If so, any recommendations?

Yes, a Luft pump is needed to pressurize the reactor. We tried a bunch of different less expensive pumps and they did not pass our rigorous testing. Sanders, Enlay, Clearwater are all good choices for generators, sizing depends on reactor size and tank volume.

I'm definitely interested, but I'm not sure how I know what size I need?

Sizing chart is in the first link. Look at system volume at the bottom of the table to determine your reactor size. These are real numbers, 200g=200g :-)

I seem to understand that this reactor supposedly makes my ozone generator work more efficiently. I don't understand what this reactor is supposed to do or what it is for, can someone explain better?

Does water constantly run through this all the time? I'd have to get another pump to run water through the reactor and plumb the reactor output to the input of my carbon reactor, if I am assuming correctly that it has water running through it all the time, if not I'd need a second carbon reactor?

I'd have to replace my small air pump with a much larger and more expensive luft pump, or do I still input air from my small pump to the generator and need to have another luft pump to put air into this reactor?

Currently I have my ACIII set up to turn on the air pump and ozone generator based on the orp reading of my tank and the ozone is injected into my skimmer air intake.

Hey Charles,

Justin is finishing up the user manual right now, which will explain setup and operation in much more detail. You need a luft pump, no other pump is required.

Dan