OMG.....SEA APPLE

hoppies99

I order it from live Aquaria. They said the sea apple was going to be about 3-4", but when I opened the bag it huge. It scare the heck out of me. When I put it in my tank, it puff up like a size of a volleyball. It too big, but it ok cause I like the color.

I would also suggest you feed plenty of fine partiulate matter. Best of luck with it, and keep lots of carbon around.

Beautiful though. Keep us informed

He's not a filter freak anymore, either.

I'd avoid handling the sea apple. My impression, which could easily be wrong, is that they can release the toxins without having to be ingested or dead. My understanding was that they could release the toxins just like they can release their messenterial fibers (spelling is very questionable here - aka guts!) when disturbed. Not sure if that's how a sea apple works or not, but you may want to find out.

Will the toxins nuke the tank to the point were you would need to tear it down and trash everythign inside? Or just fish and some corals? It would be cool to setup a tank with just one of those and a pair of clowns or something. That is an incredible animal you have there!

No, you would not need to tear it all down and trash it. From what I have read, just change out the water and the skimmer and carbon would help to remove it.

Well thats good. A tank with that sea apple and a bunch of soft corals would looks great (xenia, leathers, etc). Isn't it amazing that we don't even know what's in the other 90% of the ocean.

Well thats good. A tank with that sea apple and a bunch of soft corals would looks great (xenia, leathers, etc). Isn't it amazing that we don't even know what's in the other 90% of the ocean.

I know, right?

I'll set up my second tank just for sea apple and a pair of gobies.

I had a sea apple for well over a year in my 75 gallon. When i feed the tank it would stick out its feelers. It was easy to care for if your system is stable. When i had an Alk spike it died. I did not see any ill effects to the rest of the tank when it died. My tank did not crash.

Very cool, it is gorgeous!