SPS frag help please?

Supernova26

I got a few sps frags in the last meeting but none of them is glued or mounted on a frag plug. They are just 1" cut pieces. I currently have them in my DT. My live rock has lots of holes so I don't have a problem keeping them upright. Do I need a frag plug and do i need to super glue them on the rock?? Other than visual is there any other benefit doing that? Thanks

I like to just glue my frags onto little bits of dry rock. I use a dremel to cut the rock its on to fit where I want it to sit in the tank too.

I use regular Gorilla Glue

If you can plug it into a hole that holds it securely until it encrusts, and if it thrives there, great.

Sometimes using a frag plug and super glue gives you the option of moving the frag if the place you chose isn't working out well.

I use epoxy putty, because the turbos and urchin would send the frags to the bottom if they were not secured. Not as much a problem with less boisterous grazers.

you definately want to attach your corals somehow. Snails, crabs, powerheads, fish.... there are many ways corals can be moved/broken/lost/damaged. Secure them and your life will be easier. :)