Stink bugs

quazi

I am plagued with stink bugs. I generally get one bug in my 90 every other day. I found one stuck in the pump prefilter that had been there for a while.

Any ideas on the effect of stink bugs in the reef tank?

I had one or two in my 29 gal reef, with no real affects even in such a small space. All the same, I would try to get them out as soon as possible

They're even better when chocolate covered.

That is so wrong. Just picking them up is stinky and disgusting!

I have a 90 gal open top.. i take out 2-3 every other day.. ithe only place i find them in floating on top of the water in my tank... Bleh.

I get one in my tank about once a week. A couple of times my Pink Tail Trigger has eaten them before i could get it out. He goes crazy when they are trying to swim around.

note to self: buy a trigger fish.

At one point last year I was getting 10+ in the tank per day (tank is in kitchen by a door that opens ALOT). I know I have a few under my rocks and in my sump. They dont affect the tank.

Back in September I moved and had to tear down my tank. I found about 200, yes 200, in my tank. I would always find them floating around on the water, and alot would get sucked into the powerheads. I pulled alot out every other day or so, but didnt realize how many were getting in behind my rock wall where there were dead spots. That was kinda disgusted when I pulled all my rock and found them, I scooped them all up and put them in the toilet, there were enough to completely cover the surface of the toilet bowl. With that said, I didnt notice much of a difference with them in there, I didnt have alot of corals, mostly fish.

I have a canopy on my salt water tank that is open on the back, don't get any bugs in there. I was concidering breaking down my 90g ciclhid tank until this past summer when the stink bugs tried to take over my home. I'd get home from work and have to spend about a half hour collecting on the average 20 bugs a day and dispose of them. One day while eating dinner, a bug landed on my plate. I was so mad I tossed the bug in the cichlid tank. Know, in the winter, I only have one or two a week show up and they go in the tank. The large fish usualy chomp them down pretty quick, then the baby fish run around the tank with the legs that are left over. Sounds barbaric, but I concider it therapy.

One day while eating dinner, a bug landed on my plate. I was so mad I tossed the bug in the cichlid tank. Know, in the winter, I only have one or two a week show up and they go in the tank. The large fish usualy chomp them down pretty quick, then the baby fish run around the tank with the legs that are left over. Sounds barbaric, but I concider it therapy.

I've collected them and fed them to cichlids before.

Also earthworms, cockroaches, centipedes, and any bug I find around.

They never touch the bottom of the tank.

Nothing barbaric about it. Fish eat bugs.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

Heh. Not in my tank it doesn't...

Of course, my fish don't carry fanny packs and wear designer thongs. They are mean.

You mean, No BMW's, pickup trucks only. lol