Its a sad day when I hear this......

johnnybv

Well hope they enjoy shipping on top of the price! I support BRK all the way! Some people are never happy.

The shipping compared to a three hour drive to me would be a wash.

Well hope they enjoy shipping on top of the price! I support BRK all the way! Some people are never happy.

As I said in my first post it was never about the price. Unfortunately I am not comfortable giving my credit card number over the phone and BRK's policy is not to hold things unless you pay for them. I took a trip down to 5 LFS's in the area a couple weeks ago and BRK by far had some of the best looking tanks. I never once thought that I would never buy from them again over this experience. The only reason I posted originally is that I felt hurt that I (without my name being used) was accused of not supporting LFSs which I do. So I felt like the other side of the story should be given also. I am sorry that my phone call caused BRK to be so upset that they felt they needed to create a post about it, that was not my intention and as I said in my first post I am sorry that it bothered them so much. If when I was on the phone with them they had told me I could order it offline from their store(I didn't even know they had an online store) I would have gladly still bought it from them, but sadly this is not the case. I feel this topic has gotten a little off track as to the orignal post from BRK so I thought it may be time to reel it on in. If anyone feels they need to PM me personally to discuss what I may have or have not done wrong please feel free and I welcome the conversation. So again I am sorry to BRK that I upset them over this one item.

As I said in my first post it was never about the price. Unfortunately I am not comfortable giving my credit card number over the phone and BRK's policy is not to hold things unless you pay for them. I took a trip down to 5 LFS's in the area a couple weeks ago and BRK by far had some of the best looking tanks. I never once thought that I would never buy from them again over this experience. The only reason I posted originally is that I felt hurt that I (without my name being used) was accused of not supporting LFSs which I do. So I felt like the other side of the story should be given also. I am sorry that my phone call caused BRK to be so upset that they felt they needed to create a post about it, that was not my intention and as I said in my first post I am sorry that it bothered them so much. If when I was on the phone with them they had told me I could order it offline from their store(I didn't even know they had an online store) I would have gladly still bought it from them, but sadly this is not the case. I feel this topic has gotten a little off track as to the orignal post from BRK so I thought it may be time to reel it on in. If anyone feels they need to PM me personally to discuss what I may have or have not done wrong please feel free and I welcome the conversation. So again I am sorry to BRK that I upset them over this one item.

Water under the bridge, dont worry about it, I hope to see you again soon. I think if Ozzie were confidant that the Apex was on our website he would have mentioned it, but unfortunatly it is very hard to keep the site updated with all the items we have. As far as getting off topic, you bet, always happens. As far as I am concerned this issue is over. I just want WAMAS to truley understand that we, the LFS, need your help to keep the doors open, now more than ever. I promise, at BRK you will get better service and fair pricing compared to online. If that does not happen please contact me.

703-753-7566

or

john@blueribbonkoi.com

John

I didn't know they had an online store either as I just have always driven there when I needed that hard to find part that I know many of the other stores don't carry.

100% agree with not feeling comfortable giving credit card information over the phone. Perhaps directing the customer to the website to provide a more secure means for the customer to provide the card information, or simply agreeing to hold the item for 24 hours or the like might have been a more useful and mutually beneficial solution to this scenario. Rather than this "Sad day..." posting?

Buying with a CC is one of the safest ways to buy products. NOT DEBIT CARDS! but your credit card is covered if someone makes purchases on it up to a point. Thats why I only carry a credit card, becuase I've been known to misplace and leave things.... Just saying, if bad came to worse, as long as your check your CC statement online regularly you can cancel the card.

I haven't made it out to BRK yet, but it was on my list as a well regarded store to go visit. I have to say though, all of this complaining about customers by vendors is really off-putting to me. To get to BRK, I'll have to take probably a half day to get out there, look around, and get home. Something just doesn't sit right with me that the store would feel it necessary to publicly complain about customers not being "fair." As to the other LFS's patting on the back for this, that's in bad taste too.

I see this same stuff in dive shops. I don't understand it.

I haven't made it out to BRK yet, but it was on my list as a well regarded store to go visit. I have to say though, all of this complaining about customers by vendors is really off-putting to me. To get to BRK, I'll have to take probably a half day to get out there, look around, and get home. Something just doesn't sit right with me that the store would feel it necessary to publicly complain about customers not being "fair." As to the other LFS's patting on the back for this, that's in bad taste too.

Dont know whats in bad taste about posting a customer experience, just as there is a vendor experience section. You should make it out to BRK and understand that amount of work that we put into providing great products and livestock at reasonable prices, you wont be dissapointed.

john

Well said indeed, Hypertech. Hopefully the vendor, that also serves as moderator/adjuicator of "personal attacks" (anyone struck by the conflict of interest?) doesn't delete your post. biggrin.gif

Well said indeed, Hypertech. Hopefully the vendor, that also serves as moderator/adjuicator of "personal attacks" (anyone struck by the conflict of interest?) doesn't delete your post. biggrin.gif

Dude your post was uncalled for, and did nothing for this initial post. I am not going to sit here and pay to allow you to bash me. COme to my store, have and experience and type away in the vendor experience section, other wise keep your cracks to yourself. Any furthur coments off topic and Yes I will moderate and close this post.

john

I will leave the benifit explaination to your officers. I would also ask what do vendors get for $1000 a year while your at it. As far as asking us to hold a $500 item that could be sold to a walk in customer at any time we need some assurance that you are actually going to come and get it. I cant count the amount of times I have held things for customers and they never come in for them, its just not smart business. Now if that call was stating they would be in today for it, it would have been a different story, but this was a call on friday for us to hold till Sunday. We can not afford to do this therefore a lost sale is a "sad day". As far as BRK not offering a 10% discount, we price everything as low as we can from the get go, and can not offer any additional discount on a regular basis. I had a customer the other day tell me he was going to go somewhere else to get salt because they had it at %20 off, once we verified the base price that the store was charging, after their so called "discount" we were still cheaper. So if its a list of stores that offer a discount you want, BRK wont be on it, but if you want a list of stores that ALWAYS have the best prices, we would be at the top of the list.

john

John

+1 on that. I stopped going to the other LFS because everything I find at BRK is cheaper even without the 10%-20% discount at the other stores. A lot of the drygoods are even the same price or cheaper than online and you don't have to wait. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up!

+1 on that. I stopped going to the other LFS because everything I find at BRK is cheaper even without the 10%-20% discount at the other stores. A lot of the drygoods are even the same price or cheaper than online and you don't have to wait. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up!

thanks, we truley appreciate it.

john

Guys, FYI, the sponsors are the moderators of their own forums on our board. They are not moderators elsewhere.

Dont know whats in bad taste about posting a customer experience, just as there is a vendor experience section. You should make it out to BRK and understand that amount of work that we put into providing great products and livestock at reasonable prices, you wont be dissapointed.

john

I just don't find it appropriate for a store to complain about their customers. Vendor feedback makes sense to help people choose where to spend their money. Customer feedback just doesn't.

I don't doubt that you put a lot of effort into your store, as I said before, I've heard good things. I just don't think a thread like this should have ever been made.

Dude your post was uncalled for, and did nothing for this initial post. I am not going to sit here and pay to allow you to bash me. COme to my store, have and experience and type away in the vendor experience section, other wise keep your cracks to yourself. Any furthur coments off topic and Yes I will moderate and close this post.

john

Wow. Pointing out that there might be some who felt your initial post was indeed "uncalled for", in what was previously believed to be a open forum, was obviously a mistake. Dissent in a forum? Imagine that. But again, my mistake and won't happen in this "open" discussion forum ever again.

As for having an experience with your store, in my personal opinion, which I have a right to express, I would say I have certainly had one today.

Though I have been a customer in the past, sadly, I can't say I will ever return. But in all seriousness, I do indeed wish you good luck with your business.

Guys, FYI, the sponsors are the moderators of their own forums on our board. They are not moderators elsewhere.

Thanks for that welcomed clarification.

(edited)

Thanks for that welcomed clarification.

enjoy your purchases elseware then. I too can post my experience whether you like it or not.

I will now close this forum due to a bad apple in the bunch.

thanks to all the supporters, and for you others when you dont have any LFS left to run and get something when you need it, remember this post.

john

Edited by johnnybv