Wheel platform for 5g bucket

steveoutlaw

Well, Santa decided to bring me a hernia for Christmas and I'll be getting surgery on Thursday. I'm not going to be able to lift anything over 5 lbs for 3 months. This poses a little problem for me since my 5g bucket full of water weighs a tad bit more than that. Does anyone know where I can find a 5g bucket with wheels or a platform made to hold a 5g bucket?

Thanks.

Well, Santa decided to bring me a hernia for Christmas and I'll be getting surgery on Thursday. I'm not going to be able to lift anything over 5 lbs for 3 months. This poses a little problem for me since my 5g bucket full of water weighs a tad bit more than that. Does anyone know where I can find a 5g bucket with wheels or a platform made to hold a 5g bucket?

Thanks.

If you use the brute trashcans, you can get wheels that snap into the bottom. I have the wheels on both of mine.

Steve, I am in the same boat as you... my surgery is on the 20th of this month.

Time to install the auto water changer?

This is a bit more than you need, but http://www.autogeek.net/car-wash-bucket-system.html

And another one http://compare.ebay.com/like/220673024550?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=194926243889&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=WXI7&GUID=3d044c681220a0b58456c5c6fff11faa&itemid=220673024550&ff4=263602_309572

And a few more on this page: http://www.bayteccontainers.com/indrdo5ga.html

and this one too http://www.wttool.com/index/page/product/product_id/15511/name/Bucket+Dolly?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=froog

Hope this helps some... I was hoping that the three months they were telling me would be closer to two weeks (that may be wishful thinking, but this is the second hernia surgery I will be having and the last one only had me solidly down for about a week, and on light duty for 3 more weeks).

Guest thefishman65

Home depot has furniture dolleys - just add a piece of plywood.

And a few more on this page: http://www.bayteccontainers.com/indrdo5ga.html

and this one too http://www.wttool.com/index/page/product/product_id/15511/name/Bucket+Dolly?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=froog

Hope this helps some... I was hoping that the three months they were telling me would be closer to two weeks (that may be wishful thinking, but this is the second hernia surgery I will be having and the last one only had me solidly down for about a week, and on light duty for 3 more weeks).

Chad-

Sorry to hear.........they certainly aren't any fun. This is my second one as well - apparently I tore my old one and added to it!!ccI may just run by the local auto parts store and see if they have one. If not, I'm going to order it.

Thanks for the help.

Ouch! good luck with that, it is good to get it repaired and behind you, though. Mine is in a different spot this time... Heh, I am working through all the most common locations one at a time.

The auto parts store may just have one on the shelf, that would be a bonus!

As long as everything is on the same floor it should be possible to do the whole thing without lifting anything heavy but I would take time to think it all out.

Guest thefishman65

Is it worth the trip to Gainesville to borrow something? If so I think I can help you out. I loaned something to my folks and if there is no snow they will be visiting on Saturday.

Maybe you should use a maxijet + hose to drain water and pump new water back in tank :)..

Maybe you should use a maxijet + hose to drain water and pump new water back in tank :)..

Yeah, well getting the water in and out of the tank isn't the problem........it's getting the water from the RODI on one side of the house to the tank on the other side of the house.

I've got some really heavy cacti in my house, so I purchased wheeled bases for them. They are in the garden section of Wally World, and the ones I got would definitely handle a full 5g bucket. They were around $5ish if I recall. I'll try to find them online.

I've got some really heavy cacti in my house, so I purchased wheeled bases for them. They are in the garden section of Wally World, and the ones I got would definitely handle a full 5g bucket. They were around $5ish if I recall. I'll try to find them online.

Thanks. I also found that Home Depot sells 5g buckets with wheels for $12.

A small dolly will work, as long as it can handle the weight and weight distribution. I have no space for QT but the floor, so I keep it on a small dolly.... right now there is a 15g QT on it, which has a slighlty bigger footprint that the dolly, but have pieces of wood over the dolly).

I live in Woodbridge and you cannot be that far. If you need any help i do not mind helping. Hey if one is not going to help another then why do we have this family here right.

The only issue i work at Dulles so i am home around 8 PM everyday. Weekends we can arrange time. Your call but if you need help PM me.

I live in Woodbridge and you cannot be that far. If you need any help i do not mind helping. Hey if one is not going to help another then why do we have this family here right.

The only issue i work at Dulles so i am home around 8 PM everyday. Weekends we can arrange time. Your call but if you need help PM me.

Thanks all. I think that I'm going to look for the base for a normal bucket or just get one of the HD buckets with the wheels. I can roll it over and just use the mixing pump to get the water in.

Heh, I am working through all the most common locations one at a time.

Me too.

2x repair 12 years ago and now sprung a leak in my belly button.

Mines from lifting water no doubt.

Steve I'll make you what ever you want or think will work.

You might be able to run r/o water line from one side of house to the other and your wife would not be the wiser.

Under the baseboard along the carpet works well.

I ran it halfway across mine for this reason.

Good luck to you guys, better thee than mee

Good luck today, Steve!

I am following your steps to the OR next week at this time!

Chip, are you going to take the following Thursday so we can have three in a row? (that's lucky, right?)

i actually found a great container at Target a while back, its food grade plastic meant to hold dog food i beleive.

it has a sealed lid that is blue and the rest of the bin is clear. it holds 15 gal (though it says 10 is best for the wheel) the wheels do not pivot but its not hard to turn it.

Van Ness 50lb Food Container

here is the link, when i got it the thing was on sale for like 25 or so but i guess they went up in price for the 50lb one. i usually just put in 10g but 15 will fit without a problem. its great for moving water cause the lid seal (not a great seal but a pretty good one)

hope it helps