Completely Bummed Out..

Happyfeet

I've been planning a move now for about a month. I am in the process of having NAGA build me my dream tank a 68Gal rimless cube and I'm finishing up my stand. The plan was to have my dream tank built, then transfer the contents of the old tank from the old apartment into the new tank in the new condo. Today I get a call from the property manager and he informs me due to someone flooding their apartment with a tank, 50gal tanks and over are no longer allowed. He knew I was planning on bringing over my tank and was really apologetic and went so far as to offer a full refund if this changed my mind about wanting to live there.

So now I have to plan a new tank :dry:

Is he going to measure your tank? I would show him plans and of the tank and see if he approves. I wouldnt think the average person could tell the different between a 50 gal tank and a 60 gal tank.

Well right now he knows because when he showed us the condo for the first time him and I shot the *@ talking about my plans for the tank and what I had the equipment etc (he is a FW buff)

No one would probably come and measure it honestly, I'm just a stickler for rules.

Did you sign a lease yet? Was there anything in it about aquariums, or waterbeds? What If you offered to get additional renters insurance in case of a flood?

Is he considering just gallons, or gallons per container? Could you have multiple smaller tanks (maybe plumbed together)? Could you pay a refundable deposit for possible future tank flood damage?

I'm with Tony ^^, after you take into consideration the displacement of sand and rock, you won't have 50 gallons of water in the tank that can spill. I also like Coral Hind's suggestion.