where i can find a bracket for FRAG??

Justin

Justin, will you be keeping the frag rack and the frags in your main display tank?

Regardless, Blue Ribbon Koi (we frequently call them BRK here) in Manassas will have glue, racks, and plugs that can be used here. They're really not that far from you. If you've not been there yet, you should go and take a look. You won't be disappointed. If you don't know how to mount a coral to a plug, then ask someone to demonstrate for you. I'm sure that you'll get some help.

By the way, BRK is having an open house this Saturday. Drop in and introduce yourself.

I'm going to send you an email, too, that you may be interested in.

Justin, will you be keeping the frag rack and the frags in your main display tank?

Regardless, Blue Ribbon Koi (we frequently call them BRK here) in Manassas will have glue, racks, and plugs that can be used here. They're really not that far from you. If you've not been there yet, you should go and take a look. You won't be disappointed. If you don't know how to mount a coral to a plug, then ask someone to demonstrate for you. I'm sure that you'll get some help.

By the way, BRK is having an open house this Saturday. Drop in and introduce yourself.

I'm going to send you an email, too, that you may be interested in.

thanks I saw ur emaill. Thank for that.. but only work on Saturday.. I will try go their early before work.. I keep all frag in my main tank.. 46 gallonw bow front..

So do i need to take out some water from tank and glue racks with supper glue or silicon??? any idea.. but i will try go to bkb to get some help.. thanks

Justin, the open house is on Saturday. The coupon is good through Sunday. So you can use it anytime between now and Sunday. That's how I read it at least.

Many racks can attach in your tank using magnets - magnets on the rack on the inside of the tank, and magnets outside the tank. You don't superglue it to the glass. The supergule is to hold the frag down on the frag plug. You then set the frag plug down in the rack.

Some people make their own frag racks. I've seen a lot of ways that people do this. It almost always involves using egg crate (plastic light diffusers from the lighting section of the hardware store). Sometimes the egg crate hangs from the edge of the tank, sometimes it's supported from the bottom, and sometimes it's held in place using magnets. I've seen some people glue pieces of egg crate to an old magfloat algae scraper and use the assembly as a frag rack.

I'm glad that you'll try to make it by BRK. You'll like the place. Get to know some of the vendors in the region. Some are a bit of a drive for you, but it will be good for you to get out and see a few of the shops, getting to know them.

Justin, almost all of the stores will have a frag rack of some sort or you can also make your own out of either lighting egg crate and a magnet or just cut it to hang. You can also use acrylic sheets or just about anything to do it. A frag rack is simply something that holds frag plugs for the most part and encourages water to flow around and through it. You can also find frag glue about anwyhere. You've not only got our great sponsors on here that are LFS, but you can also get them from our other sponsors who don't have a storefront.

I would avoid the clear racks from Two Little Fishies brands and go with the black frag racks BRK has in stock. The Two Little Fishies racks tend to rust inside the internal magnet part of the rack.

I would avoid the clear racks from Two Little Fishies brands and go with the black frag racks BRK has in stock. The Two Little Fishies racks tend to rust inside the internal magnet part of the rack.

+1.... Mine rusted on the inside mag.

Something to also consider:

http://blackrockreef.com/products-2.html

I have their 'Mag-Rack Version 2 - Medium' and it works nicely, currently $15 w/ free ship.

Here it is in the tank:

http://www.wamas.org/forums/uploads/1257955746/gallery_2632034_641_98840.jpg

FWIW, the BRK coupon for this weekend states it's for livestock only.

Edited by John

thanks I saw ur emaill. Thank for that.. but only work on Saturday.. I will try go their early before work.. I keep all frag in my main tank.. 46 gallonw bow front..

So do i need to take out some water from tank and glue racks with supper glue or silicon??? any idea.. but i will try go to bkb to get some help.. thanks

Oh, no no no...

Frag racks should be held onto the glass by magnets. They have magnets at BRK and other stores that are perfect for this.

The frags should be attached to the frag plugs with super-glue, and the frag plugs placed on the rack.

bob