Anybody know anybody who does custom tanks?

JpNuss

We have an idea for a future tank but it is hexagonal and would need some custom specifications. If anyone knows someone who can do this, please let me know!

We work with one of the best custom builders on the planet. It is top of the line, 10 yr warranty stuff... not a 90 day glass cage, so it isn't rock bottom price, but it is a fair price for the quality. Send me your specs and we can work up an estimate for you.

Phil

NAGA on this forum does beautiful acrylic tanks. I think he might do some glass as well. I'd drop him a PM.

+ 1 on NAGA. I own 3 acrylic tanks built by Jeff; top quality. Yes, he does glass too.

Coralhind: I was thinking acrylic.

I sent an e-mail to NAGA and am awaiting a response. As for Miracles, the person to discuss tanks with is "in a meeting" and will have to call me back. Has anybody heard of place the "reef ready" portion of the tank in the exact center of the tank? I want to try to do this. I am just not sure it is possible.

^yes, I have seen it in the center of the tank many times. Usually for 3 or 4 side viewable tanks in offices and what-not when I was doing maintenance. Honestly, I really did not like it for several reasons. First, it is difficult to access/do maintenance on since it is hard to reach, (and since the light usually is directly above it) algae grows and needs to be frequently accessed. Second, they are tough to aquascape and get nice flow in with the center overflow blocking flow and being very there. Finally, since the overflow needs more pieces of glass/acrylic to make, they are more expensive.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks, Chad. I hadn't thought of some of those I will take all of your reasons into account on the build.

Ps: Coast to Coast Customs (out of NJ) were pretty terrible to me, on the phone, just now. Just an FYI if anyone goes looking for a builder. Steer clear of this place.

FWIW, I designed a tank that had a center overflow/return and had 4 MP40's on the central column for circulation. It was all designed for easy maintenance and a true walkaround experience.