Baby Chalice Collection

Incredible Corals

not only does he buy corals from the $10 section- he's using the same photo skills found there :laugh:

If you tweak the saturation and contrast too much, your white objects tend to look purple or blue. Keep the whites white, and all the other colors will look normal.

looks like you stepped up from the $10 section.

Yep, I wish they were all in the $10/each

nice colection. tyree red water melon did you got from vnreef? that look nice. i can tell the color.

I sure did, his other colony is awesome.

Nice chalices.

Thats buddy! I'm loving the Tyree Red Watermelon!

not only does he buy corals from the $10 section- he's using the same photo skills found there :laugh:

If you tweak the saturation and contrast too much, your white objects tend to look purple or blue. Keep the whites white, and all the other colors will look normal.

I can never get a good photo without editing to show what the chalice look like with the actinics turned up. You should see how they look in person with only the actinics, they colors pop and glow even more! I love LEDs!

I can never get a good photo without editing to show what the chalice look like with the actinics turned up. You should see how they look in person with only the actinics, they colors pop and glow even more! I love LEDs!

You might try doing most of the postprocessing work adjusting white balance to get more accurate colors. Usually anything more than the lightest touch of saturation makes the pics look unnatural.

You might try doing most of the postprocessing work adjusting white balance to get more accurate colors. Usually anything more than the lightest touch of saturation makes the pics look unnatural.

I can't figure how to adjust the white balance. I'll try that tonight and repost the pics.

Honestly, I have some "$10" chalices and under my royal blue led's they look insane. It is REALLY hard to capture in a photo. I was really surprised the pop rb led's provide. It's like hitting your corals with diff colored highlighters and a blacklight.... It's just hit or miss on whether they make it in your tank the first month imo.

the pictures look much better without the extra saturation. now all you have to do is give us a non saturated FTS. turn off all pumps and let the water get calm before attempting this. LED shimmer drives cameras crazy.

Looking good! Next thing you might try is posing the corals so you can see the whole thing. Can you set the frag rock on it's side so the chalice frags are in the same plane as the tank wall? You'll get "top down" shots without getting on top of the tank.

Jon