a little emergency

Kingumar

i am in the process of upgrading from a 55 to 90. all my corals and fish are in temporary buckets.

while moving the tank, i accidentally broke one of the overflow pipes.. how i want to get this stuff replaced today so i can set up the tank b4 i lose any livestock..

how do i take this part out?

where can i get a replacement? would local fish stores would have it?

2010103014025479.jpg

Edited by Kingumar

Most of the LFSs have bulkheads and may have the parts you need and both lowes/HD will have the pvc and may have the bulkheads you need to rebuild it.

It looks like you can take the part out by unthreading the bulkhead and removing the parts from the top...

That's from an All Glass overflow kit. There's a bulkhead with a nipple on the end for the return line. They are typically a 3/4" bulkhead. Looks like you're in MD, otherwise I think I have a spare one of those (could actually be a 1" with a 3/4" hose nipple). Or, do as others have said and simply get a regular bulkhead and add the appropriate parts yourself. You can also fill your tank and get it circulating without raising the water level all the way up and then replace it when you have more time.

i went to different hardware stores lookign for bulkheads.. no luck.

found something very similar but had threads on the inside the the pvc pipe inside the overflow wont fit it in.

the only option is to find it locally if im lucky.

If you want help you need to post some info. What size do you need? Where do you live?

I would also call some LFS to see what they have. Roozens had several of each size today.