Fiji Yellow Leather

zygote2k

I've been looking all over and can't seem to find any. There are plenty of regular yellow leathers around that grow from a central stalk- those aren't Fiji. If anyone has one, can you post a picture?

Here's a picture that is very similar to one I had years ago. This isn't artificially colored either. Mine grew right under the most intense area of the PC bulbs and loved the high flow.

gallery_2631654_582_80740.jpg

Here's a picture that is very similar to one I had years ago. This isn't artificially colored either. Mine grew right under the most intense area of the PC bulbs and loved the high flow.

gallery_2631654_582_80740.jpg

man, i haven't seen one of those for a long time. used to be very common. the ones that i see now aren't as bright.

can u frag leathers?

can u frag leathers?

Leathers are relatively easy to frag. Cut a piece off the colony with sharp scissors or a razor blade, then attach to a piece of LR rubble with a rubber band, thule, or sewing thread.

I picked up a yellow fiji coral from marine scene yesterday because my fiance "thought it would be a cute friend for our toadstool", but I digress...

The color is somewhere between the top two pictures. Certainly not "standard yellow", but not as vivid as the above photo either... When it settles in and has good polyp extension, I will take a picture.

I have kept them in the past. The same colony can go from mustard brown yellow to almost yellow tang yellow depending on the lights. Mine liked a lot of light.

(edited)

I have kept them in the past. The same colony can go from mustard brown yellow to almost yellow tang yellow depending on the lights. Mine liked a lot of light.

I have never seen them change color- not that it couldn't happen, but the one I had stayed bright canary yellow for 2 years unti the tank breakdown. It was grown under a 400w PC fixture.

Edited by zygote2k