EMERGENCY!!!

Mando77

So I'm doing a water change and take the water out and then go to my new mixed batch. The batch has dust dry wall and dirt in the water from guys who came and did the carpet. This was a surprise my wife failed to mention to me. I had a lid on the bucket, but it still managed to get in the water. I did not want to risk using this water, so I dumped it. I am now making a new batch and in the mean time I am just using my powerheads and heater till I have enough water in the tank to run the whole system. What I really want to know is how long does it take to mix salt water. I am using reef cyrstals. If anybody has any salt water I could use now I would greatly appreciate it. I can't beleive I'm in this situation. My number is 703-250-4448. I'm either at the pet store in the morning or I'm using some very fresh salt water I just made.

some say 24th hours while others mix and use right away. I use a paint mixer on the end of a drill the mix the water and salt then let is sit for a few hours. Dont stress to much over it.

That is a relief. I mix my salt for atleast 2 days. I thought if I did it within an hour I would risk killing corals and other critters.

Sometimes I use it right away, but I at least want enough time to get the temperature close to the same.

i use an old maxi mod for 2 - 10 minutes to aerrate and mix and then go for it, mind you its never more than 5-15% of total water volume

You can use it right away. I've used water immediately even when it was still cloudy as H-E-double hockey sticks. The tank was fine. BUT match temp, salinity and Ph.