My anenome

Charlie

I came home Sunday to find my bubble tip anenome on the inside of my power head. I carefully took him out. I was going to send him to that aquarium that my toilet empties into, but I figured, "What the heck!" and tossed him back into the tank. He's in hiding, but he seems to be doing well (only about half his original size though).

Keep a good flow on it so it doesn't get infected. If it starts to get a brown jelly on it or looks to be turning to mush you will want to remove it fast.

I always find it best to simply unplug the powerhead and let it free itself to prevent causing more damage.

Good luck.

I've found that putting mine in a rock that has a "hole" or is hollowed out for its foot, makes for a good home. I have had 4 different nem's and none of them have never took a walk-a-bout. I might just be lucky though. It seems like if they have their foot secured in a "hole" where they nothing can get to them, they stay put. Of course with low-med flow and good light.

I also have had to cut them up ~ every 6 months or so. They seem pretty resilient, as I have only lost one. I'd be willing to bet it'll be fine once it finds a new home it likes. You could also make him a "home" in a rock and put it in there and see what happens.

I'll have to get a picture one of these days of the rock I have for my nem' so people can see where mine likes it best.

Good luck

He's been running laps like an Olympic swimmer (ok, that's a bit of an exageration) since I did a rearangement of my rocks. Everything else seems to be doing well, I was just wondering if it is common for anemones to do really, really dumb things (I know that their brain requires a microscope to see).