LED Fixture Suggestion

RicSG

I just bought PAR38 EVilc66 bulbs but have an issue. Do not have a canopy and cannot put anything on the wall or ceiling. Any ideas or solution how to put the bulbs on top of a 30 gal tank? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

well if you need it up quick you can make a really fast and easy rig out of pvc piping, Id do 3 leg or 4 accross the lenth of the tank. paint it black it wont look too bad. all you have to do is notch the feet so they fit over the rim of the tank.

otherwise you can try to get one of the bendy poles form one of the cheapo lights from walmart and attach it to the stand .

that is a quick way to do things and really cheap, otherwise its time to build a hood unless others have good ideas

thanks guys. Please keep giving ideas as i really appreciate it. I know i should have hd planed. I thought i did but did not work. I will gather all ideas and see what i can come up with.

build a basic box canopy. get some ceramic lamp sockets with adjustable connections from HomeDepot. suspend light sockets from top of canopy. You'll probably be able to fit 3 or 4 in a row.

build a basic box canopy. get some ceramic lamp sockets with adjustable connections from HomeDepot. suspend light sockets from top of canopy. You'll probably be able to fit 3 or 4 in a row.

thanks. Sounds good too. i wish i am that good in making things. But will try.

i am using the thong fixture from home depot. It was like $5.69 or something. Thanks for all the suggestions.