Where to purchase live rock?

reefmaster5

I would recommend getting all dry rock from Marcorock and seeding it with a piece of live rock. Marcorocks are very pourous so you can get a lot more rock for less money. Check out www.marcorocks.com

Bulk Reef Supply also has dry rock. Agree with Steve, you can save on cost and seed with smaller pieces of live rock from LFS. I will say the down side is the lack of biodiversity that comes with using dry rock.

Otherwise check out any of the vendors in the vendors forum.

Ron

(edited)

aquacon is probably your best bet to getting somewhat fresh liverock. you can also go to Marine Scene and order it from them. if you like aquacultured live rock, check out Tampa Bay Saltwater. Ask Laura- sharkey18- about her experience with TBS

Edited by zygote2k

Where are you located? I would rather pay a little more and pick my own rock from a LFS. Then I know what shapes and sizes I am getting.

+1

Why mail order dry rock and pay for Postage, Super Pets in Annandale has dry work for about $2.25 per lb and you can also buy a small piece of live rock there to seed it.

Why mail order dry rock and pay for Postage, Super Pets in Annandale has dry work for about $2.25 per lb and you can also buy a small piece of live rock there to seed it.

If this is the place I'm thinking of their florida aquacultured rock isn't too bad, but I got most of my live rock from Marine Scene and it was really nice rock.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I am looking for live rock with abundant biodiversity. Since I am just starting a new reef, I have my own supply of base rock that I have carried around for years. I need to seed the system with high quality live rock and once the cycle is complete, I'll start hitting everyone up for frags!

ps- I'm in the silver spring Maryland area.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I am looking for live rock with abundant biodiversity. Since I am just starting a new reef, I have my own supply of base rock that I have carried around for years. I need to seed the system with high quality live rock and once the cycle is complete, I'll start hitting everyone up for frags!

ps- I'm in the silver spring Maryland area.

how much you looking for i have about 50lbs still for sale her in this link

there is no bad critters in it. its been in a system since 2003. i will let it go cheep if interested pm me.