Anyone local breed cardnalfish?

watson_barrett

Someone here had babies before, but I can't remember who it was. I don't think any survived, but maybe by now he's had better fortune (it was over a year ago, maybe longer).

I believe in many cases if not most, tank-raised fish tend to be more expensive than wild caught, because breeding and raising them is more costly than just going out and catching them. Paying the few extra dollars is worth the comfort in the fact that the fish is likely to be hardier, healthier, less stressed from transport, and already used to prepared foods.

Edited by treesprite

Check with brk, they often have them in, and last time they were a real good price ($15ea). Call and see if and when they will have them.

To expand on this, I would comment that the ones that I get from John survive much longer than other stores. From the price, I am assuming that they are wild caught. I've had my four for about a year.

-Karl

I'm looking for local Bangaiis as well, but I, too, refuse to support SeaSave.

it is a weird place with wackey peeps.

I am no where near local but my pair of Bangai's spawned many times in the last few years. A pair I had a few years also spawned continousely. I did not try to raise the fry but I know quite a few people raise them. Being they are mouthbrooders, the fry are large in comparism to most fish.

Bangai's seem very easy to spawn, all you need is a pair and food with a good amount of oil in it to keep them healthy.

Good luck

Paul

gobies010.jpg