acIII DC8 Help

Der ABT

Anyone here running 2x250 off a dc8? mine just shut my lights off after a little bit but i also had my frags 175w plugged into it so im guessing it was too much power.

Would it work if i had a second dc8 or would i need and HDdc4?? and or one of the 2 plug units

thanks

hoping i could use another dc8 so i have some more plugs.

otherwise this is some fairly easy programming was expecting much worse, though i am going to tackle gettting it on the internet in a few minutes here.

I would call Curt at Neptune and see. He can also help with the problem that you are currently having.

You should be able to run a lot more power than that through your DC8.

I have ~ 13a running through mine right now.

I'm on an Apex, but the powerbar is the same electronically.

There are 2 plugs that aren't supposed to exceed x amount of amperage, but I don't think it is only 2amps.

Only plug MH lights into outlets 1,2,3 and 5,6,7. Outlets 4 and 8 are not designed for that type of load.

The individual outlets are only rated for 6A per outlet and 15A for the whole unit. You are pushing if not exceeding the 6A with those three lights. You need to split them up.

Edited by Coral Hind

my DC8 is whacked out and turns stuff on and off randomly. I have almost gotten all my stuff off of it. Not sure the issue but after 2 months of trying to figure out what was wrong with my lights... I figured out it was the AC3/DC8.

+1 for calling. they will help you I just haven't had a chance to deal with them.

I run 2x250W off one DC8 for my frag tank. I have a second DC8 handling the lights on my display. In that case, I'm running 3 Icecap ballasts (2 660's and 1 440) that are powering 7 80W T5's and 1 160W VHO. Behavior is normal. There's at least 8 feet of distance between my several ballasts and the main controller unit, though.

Thanks for all the responses, i had it plugged into the 4th socket (both MH were plugged into different sockets but the main still flickered, my guess is it was because of the 4th socket. So far they are staying on when i switched them to 1 and 3.

If the problem persists ill be calling.

Hopefully i dont have any of the problems mentions as i really wanted to be able to control things when im away.

One last question, is the soft start goign to hurt any of the MH ballasts/bulbs, i know the hd dc4 is not soft start.

thanks again guys.

still trying to figure out how to get the internet up running and still hvae internet in our room (no chords running to it) should be fun.

I guess they must have switched the issue with the powerbar. I run 4x250w in 1,2,3,4 then misc stuff on the others.

+1 on interference. I would double check that just in case. Its also a good idea to check the wattage peak draw if you can. I picked up a killawatt meter for $20 to check mine.