There are too many spaghetti worms in my pico

Jan

I know that spaghetti worms are good but I've got too many in my pico. How can i get rid of some of them? Does anything eat them? I've tried pulling them out by digging all the way to the bottom to get to the body. I get them but then pieces break off and I think the pieces regenerate.

i think a arrow crab will eat these

My pico is only 2.5 gallons...

woops. missed the pico part.

petland in fairfax has an adorable juvi sixline wrasse in stock. i think it was $19.99; about an inch long.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=375

"the Six Line Wrasse will search for live foods in the form of small crustaceans such as pyramidellid snails (clam parasites), urchins, and commensal flatworms. The Six Line Wrasse is also known to feed on unwanted pests on live rock, such as bristleworms."

Pico might be too small for them too I suppose...

Yes, then I'd have to put it in my 75 and the sixline I have in there will kill it. It bullys every fish i put in there.

woops. missed the pico part.

petland in fairfax has an adorable juvi sixline wrasse in stock. i think it was $19.99; about an inch long.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=375

"the Six Line Wrasse will search for live foods in the form of small crustaceans such as pyramidellid snails (clam parasites), urchins, and commensal flatworms. The Six Line Wrasse is also known to feed on unwanted pests on live rock, such as bristleworms."

Pico might be too small for them too I suppose...

I have kalk. how do I do that? What's the kalk:water for mixing?

My sixline doesn't seem to mess with worms at all.

Could you spot treat them with a shot of kalk like killing aiptasia? In a pico I would only do a few at a time.

I mix it into a paste and it doesn't take but a little bit of water. I use a blunt needle with a syringe to drop it onto the aiptasia. I have an extra needle/syringe if you need one.

Okay. Thank you.

I mix it into a paste and it doesn't take but a little bit of water. I use a blunt needle with a syringe to drop it onto the aiptasia. I have an extra needle/syringe if you need one.

Hi Rob,

There's no srubbing off to do with spaghetti worms. they're not on the glass or on the surface. They bury their bodies deep in the sandbed. The only thing you see are thread like rust colored feelers in the tens if not more. Crushing, I fear, will only cause them to multiply. I think there may also be the risk of die off which will lead to ammonia spike, etc.. all downhill.

why don't you just scrub them off or crush them with your hand? way easier than any of the aforementioned ideas. and free too.

Hmmm, I have flatworm exit. Will double dose hurt anything else in the pico? I've got TONS of pods in there too that I wouldn't want gone. What do you think?

When I double dosed Flatworm Exit it also nuked all my spaghetti and bristle worms. Just another option for you if you really want them gone.

Sorry- I was thinking they were those little feather dusters that grow on the sides of the rocks.

The other thing you can do is to let their population wax and wane as time goes by. Maybe you'll see some correlations in worm population vs. something else...