Fall meeting, 12/12/09

zoozilla

Thank you WAMAS Staff and others for coordinating another great meeting.

Scott Fellman: A+++ speaker. I found his presentation very informative and entertaining. Hope he is invited to return sometime down the road.

Jan: Want more of your LE Homemade Potato Fritters :) . That stuff disappeared in a matter of minutes. Sour Cream and Apple toppings complemented it well. Any other flavor combos you've tried?

Can't wait til the Winter meeting. Hope to see you guys there.

Scott Fellman: A+++ speaker. I found his presentation very informative and entertaining. Hope he is invited to return sometime down the road.

Jan: Want more of your LE Homemade Potato Fritters :) . That stuff disappeared in a matter of minutes. Sour Cream and Apple toppings complemented it well. Any other flavor combos you've tried?

I agree was my first meeting and definitely won't be my last!! Jan excellent chef!

Sounds like latkas, mmmm, it is Haunakkah.

I'm sad that I had to miss the meeting due to working Saturdays - can we do the next one on a Sunday, or at least late in the day?

I "Tore down the wall" today based on Scott's presentation. I will keep you advised on the improvements.

Make sure you shake that rock out when you change it over! You'd be amazed at how much detritus can build up despite critters that live in there.

How'd those $2 worth of raffle tickets work out? Did you win something? Did you at least win a ride home? ;)

man we need to limit the number of officer winners, haha jk i know they all put in the same money but it seems like everyone who put in tickets last won, MULTIPLE TIMES, need to find a better way to mix em up or use a randum number generator, no easy anwser to it, haha yeh im an auditor and like randomness. or just pull my name out as a winner all the time something like that would be best.

all kididng aside though i think the vendors came out big for all of the raffle things, really makes me glad i support their stores and will continue to do so.

i couldnt believe it was time to go when the raffle started, really a fun presentation

will be at more meeting,

my pregnant wife didnt even mind sittin through the whole thing. Definately gave me some things to look forward to with aquascaping.

was good to meet those i did, hopefully next meet ill be able to be a little more socail and meet many others,

man we need to limit the number of officer winners, haha jk i know they all put in the same money but it seems like everyone who put in tickets last won, MULTIPLE TIMES, need to find a better way to mix em up or use a randum number generator, no easy anwser to it, haha yeh im an auditor and like randomness. or just pull my name out as a winner all the time something like that would be best.

all kididng aside though i think the vendors came out big for all of the raffle things, really makes me glad i support their stores and will continue to do so.

i couldnt believe it was time to go when the raffle started, really a fun presentation

will be at more meeting,

my pregnant wife didnt even mind sittin through the whole thing. Definately gave me some things to look forward to with aquascaping.

was good to meet those i did, hopefully next meet ill be able to be a little more socail and meet many others,

Ha ha, this is the first thing I've won in a long time! I routinely dump $20-$40 into a raffle and it always seems to happen in spurts - a few years back I won a bunch of frags at a meeting and I won a couple of clean up crews at this last one. Prior to that I won 2 t-shirts (wasn't hard to do, I put in the only two tickets for them and then they got re-raffled the next meeting because I forgot to take them!). I think that I'm just bad luck, I won when one of my kids came with me and then won again when I had to leave before the raffle. That stickum really works I guess.

Gotta play up how much babies like fish and tanks, that way your wife wants you to get more. We had our swing set up in front of the tank when we had our first and she absolutely loved it. When we moved and broke down the tank my oldest (who was 2 at the time came in and started crying uncontrollably when she saw the gaping space that had once housed her fish tank...

Now my newest 2 year old loves sitting in front of the tank with me feeding them and pointing out all of the stuff in it. She has decided which fish belong to which sister and refers to them by who "owns" them.

:eek: I was already feeling bad about winning 2 things :wacko:

Was a very nice meeting and the presentation was very enjoyable. Glad I was able to come out for it.

Edited by Noobalicious

:eek: I was already feeling bad about winning 2 things :wacko:

Was a very nice meeting and the presentation was very enjoyable. Glad I was able to come out for it.

Don't feel bad, it's all shaken up and mixed up as best as possible. No matter how you do it, the cards will fall as they will...

Heck, I wish I had won a few more items! I wouldn't have felt bad if I had won all 10 clean up crews, a light, an RO/DI, some salt, some gift certificates, a vortech, nano, etc.

OK, well, since I didn't put in tickets for all of those, maybe I would have...

Jan excellent chef!

Sour cream and apple sauce are traditional toppings for potatoe pancakes aka latkes. Thank you. I'm very happy everyone liked them. Making them is a true labor of love. The greatest compliment came from Rik when he slapped one of the latkes in his sandwich. Then thanked me for helping to ruin his diet while he shook a latke at me. I think I remember hearing that it was the fourth one he had, LOL. That was great! Once a year wont kill you Rik.

Great meeting! Thanks to all of the officers for making it happen. Our local vendors really came out on this one.

Thanks Aquatic Obsessions for the great new Vortech. Looking forward to stopping by your store this weekend!