Copperband experience, opinions please

Larry Grenier

I know, old topic but please chime-in with experiences and opinions. Was always one of my favorite fish starting years before I ever had a tank.

Compatibility with mixed-reef inverts?

Feeding.

After the aptasia is all gone.

Thanks

I know, old topic but please chime-in with experiences and opinions. Was always one of my favorite fish starting years before I ever had a tank.

Compatibility with mixed-reef inverts?

Feeding.

After the aptasia is all gone.

Thanks

You definately want to make sure that the one you get is eating before you buy it. Then, make sure you buy a package of whatever it's eating and continue to feed. Mine really cleaned up in my 90 and my 120, but once all of the tube worms and aiptasia was gone it starved to death........wouldn't eat anything I put in the tank.

I have had mine for three weeks. It has killed avery aptasia in the tank. Not one left. It is always picking at rock work and eating little critters in the tank. So far so good. Before I bought him, I did some reading in the forums and it seemed that most people who were having success had purchased their fish from BRK. I did the same and so far so good. He is not picking at any corals at this point.

Bruce

I had four of them and they only lasted about 6 weeks. I had Sean at F&F get me one. He housed it for me for 2 week's and got it eating frozen for me. When i brought him home he destroyed the Aptasia's and is eating frozen. I have had him for 2 1/2 months. Knocking on wood. Sean really did a good job with the fish. All of the other i had came from different stores.

I had one that was masterful at eating aiptasia and did a fantastic job with it. It also ate frozen mysis and cyclopeez and even hit pellets, but once the aiptasia was gone, it ended up dying.

i've had a few but i finally got one that has been a good one, like lhcorals said get one to feed before you buy it.

in my experience it will take out all your tube worms first but they always bounce back. mine eradicated my aptasia and fed on mysis shrimp. i sold him/her to jon lazar and he it doing a number on his aptasia from last i spoke with him. it got along well with the yellow tang after a little territory disputes, it took about a few days.

have johnny or sean get you one, and look at its mouth make sure nothing looks smooshed and it is feeding with either worms or mysis. and you'll find a good one.

Mine took to PE mysis right away and is taking bloodworms now.

Have had mine for 1.5 years. No aiptasia in my tank - and he loves PE mysis. Got mine from BRK. One of my most favoritest fish for both looks and personality.

bob