MP40 stopped working :(

m3fan8ic

I came home after work and found that my MP40 wasn't working. The light on the unit was constant purple. I took it out, cleaned it up and while I was cleaning I noticed that propeller was moving freely and during the full rotation it was getting stuck at one point. I even dipped it in vinegar and still no luck. I purchased this unit brand new about 5-6 months ago. I wanted to see if anyone else had similar issue?

I'll be contacting customer service tomorrow morning.

:(

I came home after work and found that my MP40 wasn't working. The light on the unit was constant purple. I took it out, cleaned it up and while I was cleaning I noticed that propeller was moving freely and during the full rotation it was getting stuck at one point. I even dipped it in vinegar and still no luck. I purchased this unit brand new about 5-6 months ago. I wanted to see if anyone else had similar issue?

I'll be contacting customer service tomorrow morning.

:(

You need to read more posts... :)

I posted a while back, that when anyone gets an MP40 - they should figure out before they even install it, how to take it apart. Because once it gets encrusted with coralline and stuff - it's hard to see. The 'back' of the inside unit comes off, exposing the magnetic disk. You might have something stuck behind it. It has to be 'twisted' to get it off; and might need a little help from a pointy object. But be gentle, so you don't break anything.

Other than that - I'm sure that Vortech will be happy to fix it for you. It's just the shipping, waiting...

bob

Bob, I can see the magnet disk and screw in the middle which I am not planning to touch just because i don't want to void warranty or anything. One thing I did notice that the disk is not flush and it's slightly tilted for some reason and think that might be causing the sticking when it's trying to rotate. Thanks for you help

Bob, I can see the magnet disk and screw in the middle which I am not planning to touch just because i don't want to void warranty or anything. One thing I did notice that the disk is not flush and it's slightly tilted for some reason and think that might be causing the sticking when it's trying to rotate. Thanks for you help

I'd have to pull mine out to describe it better; but it's not that side of the magnetic disk - it's the other side. And you don't remove the screw. The whole 'cage' comes off.

bob

ok I opened it and it seem like that the small little washer is broken which sits behind the magnetic disk. I didn't take the screw apart but I can tell by just looking at it..

Contact vortech they have great customer service and will send out a replacement quickly.

Shipping to west springfield is one day from vortech offices using ups ground, I know because I live in west springfield, they have shipped to me.

I just had one break a shaft- I sent pics to Steve at Ecotech and am waiting a reply. The last batch of Mp40's had a wrong size shaft or shaft spacer causing many to seize and break.

Update: I contacted Steve this morning he asked for pictures and SN, which I'll be providing once I get home from work. Hoping it's just a washer and nothing major that's broken.

Thanks for all your suggestions/help.

Sid

The one thing I will say about this company is that every time I read about something going wrong with their units, they always seem to take measures to fix them and also seem to want feedback to better their products. I wish more companies were like this. Once I'm not poor, I might order one or two of these. I wonder what they'll be producing 10 years from now... Good luck Sid.

Edited by audible

Updat: Steve and team were very helpful and got me the boken parts in no time. I am back in business :)

Thank all for your help/suggestions.