Petland...very happy

moga

Visited that place on Sat and SUnday..

very impressed with live stock.. very kind..

I bought 3 Ricordias in very good color..Lime neon and light orange(I call it Fanta!)..hehe

Once they got some more stock I would go back to get some more.

They had big yumas..(in pink -light..but has great potential) for very good price..

thanks~

they are a big surprise if you just stumble in there to pick some other pet stuff. Very nicely laid out reef set up and have great pricing. They are very enthusiastic about the uptick in their salt stuff since they revamped and from what I hear more is on the menu down the road. Take a look and get a surprise.

Petland is a great store.

A bit of a hidden gem.

t looks from the outside like the typical blah pet store, but they have a lot of reef stock in there...last time I was there they had a couple football-sized clams, and a basketball sized leather (or 2). Nice to see someone selling the big stuff instead of shopping it into 50 frags.

I've also seen a couple of interesting mantis shrimp in there, which is not something you see at many LFS.

It's a very nice place, lots of variety. Just that they dont have a QT system. So if buying life stock, better QT before DT.

I think they have QT system..at the bottom part of the isles there were some fish were in the stage of QT?

i am not sure..but it looked like it was..~

i will go check it out sometimes..!~

No QT system in place. But still a great store. I have been going there for a couple of years now. In fact, I just picked up a very healthy copperband butterfly that is eating very well!

No QT system in place. But still a great store. I have been going there for a couple of years now. In fact, I just picked up a very healthy copperband butterfly that is eating very well!

QT, schmoo-T. I've always bought every single piece of my livestock exclusively from places that do not QT. Intentionally. For multiple reasons. Many downsides to QT vs caqrefully selecting a fish from non-QT source...limited benefit, if any IMO.

I'm certain I've had far less losses than the average bear. I don't believe I ever had a fish drop dead in less than a few months, and even that only once or twice. Very much over-hyped IMO.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

QT, schmoo-T. I've always bought every single piece of my livestock exclusively from places that do not QT. Intentionally. For multiple reasons. Many downsides to QT vs caqrefully selecting a fish from non-QT source...limited benefit, if any IMO.

I'm certain I've had far less losses than the average bear. I don't believe I ever had a fish drop dead in less than a few months, and even that only once or twice. Very much over-hyped IMO.

yes and no....agree and disagree....there are many prior handling procedures that make qt advisable and could certainly make it un-advisable.....