I've never been so angry

DDiver

So I has this Giniopora on hold at Fins and feathers and went to pick it up today.drove all the way there to find out someone had sold it last night....I've never been so pissed off about anything related to this hobby like I'm pissed about this situation....just needed to vent...

Edited by DDiver

I take it they just lost a customer.

Bruce

So I has this Giniopora on hold at Fins and feathers and went to pick it up today.drove all the way there to find out someone had sold it last night....I've never been so pissed off about anything related to this hobby like I'm pissed about this situation....just needed to vent...

I take it they just lost a customer.

Bruce

I'm on the fence about it right now.it is a good store but the fact that I really wanted that coral and drove out there expecting to get something that shouldve been there "held" for me and it's not there just really makes me mad...Now someone has something that was suppose to be mine and I can't do anything about it.

That happened to to WAMASers @ MACNA: they paid up front for Sunady p/u only to find out it was sold from under them. Two people tried that on a colony I had on hold @ BRK, they were told it was sold and I got my colony. Thx BRK.

just wondering did you pay to put it on hold?

No I didn't pay for it but I don't know if that wouldve or shouldve mattered..

Billy,

I would have been very upset as well. I, like Rik, had one held at BRK for a good long time and when I got there, it was still in the tank on hold for me.

Someone at F&F has to lay down the law and make sure this type of stuff does not happen again.

Hope you get a chance at another piece of the coral.

Bruce

I'm betting it was a honest mistake.

It was definitely an honest mistake...I'm just pissed off it happened..

Pretty sure it's a honest mistake. It's kinda like showing up at someone's house to buy a coral and finding out they're not there because they forgot about it.

(edited)
I'm betting it was a honest mistake.

DP

Edited by DDiver

Sorry bout that bro, but if you like I'll sell you a small sliver.

J/k actually, but mistakes happen.

Billy,

I would have been very upset as well. I, like Rik, had one held at BRK for a good long time and when I got there, it was still in the tank on hold for me.

Someone at F&F has to lay down the law and make sure this type of stuff does not happen again.

Hope you get a chance at another piece of the coral.

Bruce

laydown the law? come on guys this is a hobby for you and a business for me, I tried to hold it but nothing's on hold indefinately until its paid for....if I held something everytime someone wanted it held until it was convenient for them to come pay for it id have tanks full of corals and no capital.

my apologies to Billy, "but lay down the law" i think thats an over reaction.

Sean

Who did you talk to? Maybe if you let the owner know about it. they can do something for you

Sean,

I was being sarcastic, but still, if you say you are going to hold something it should be held. If you can not hold items for the reasons you just listed, then you should say so up front. I know what a drive it is to get out to F&F and it would have had me upset too.

Bruce

laydown the law? come on guys this is a hobby for you and a business for me, I tried to hold it but nothing's on hold indefinately until its paid for....if I held something everytime someone wanted it held until it was convenient for them to come pay for it id have tanks full of corals and no capital.

Sean

Sean

I wouldve paid for it..the money was not an issue.I just had to get back to work and figured my word was good for it and I know it was..I know it was a mistake and this post is by no means anything against the store..I'm just angry it happened is all..

Sean,

I was being sarcastic, but still, if you say you are going to hold something it should be held. If you can not hold items for the reasons you just listed, then you should say so up front. I know what a drive it is to get out to F&F and it would have had me upset too.

Bruce

Thanks for your input

I wouldve paid for it..the money was not an issue.I just had to get back to work and figured my word was good for it and I know it was..I know it was a mistake and this post is by no means anything against the store..I'm just angry it happened is all..

I usually get these in quite frequently. I said i'd hold it, it was sold by mistake, these things happen.

regards,

Sean

(edited)
Thanks for your input

I usually get these in quite frequently. I said i'd hold it, it was sold by mistake, these things happen.

regards,

Sean

yea it happens...I just hate it when it happens to me :cry: ...I see the red variant with blue mouth quite often but I haven't seen the green/yellow mouths around much..but I'm only speaking from a hobbyist point of view..I'm sure u seen them on the wholesale list quite often like u said..but that one I wanted was really nice and was right there but now I have to wait until the next one comes around and that could be who knows how long...

Edited by DDiver

I would have loved the A. Hoke but I'm sure it was snapped up real quick.

I got copps' turquoise Hoke, it's my favorite stag..the color is really nice with green rings in the corrallites just like the icefire...

Sean, I don't know you BUT........if it's a business to you then your word to the customer means everything. I called a LFS and they told me that they had some livestock I was looking for. I drove 20 minutes to get there and......there was no livestock. Instead, they tried to sell me something else that was 20 times more expensive. I will never step foot in that shop again and I'm making sure that everyone knows about it.

Just my .02

Edited by steveoutlaw

It doesn't sound like a switch and bait thing and from seeing how Sean is at the store, I doubt he would do that.

It's an mistake and if you didn't lay down the cash for it, it's first come first serve.

It doesn't like bait n' switch at all - just an honest mistake. That's OK - those things happen. Being upset when someone makes an honest mistake is OK too. I know I would be as well. It prob would have been better to PM Sean about it before posting on a board though.