Need to raise skimmer in sump about 6" what to use?

watson_barrett

Well I just moved the GS2 w/ the 2 pumps to my new setup over the weekend; however, I think the water is too deep and the skimmer overflows w/ both pumps running. Need to raise it up a good 4-7" i'm guessing. What shoudl I use to accomplish this and keep the base of the skimmer sturdy so it doesn't tip over?

Any thoughts?

cement blocks, rocks, sand, bricks, cat litter box, milk crate, dixie cups, pvc, eggcrate, coffee cups, glasses, acrylic, glass, aluminum, empty soda cans, tires, old shoes, egg cartons, logs, sticks, your cat, empty 2 part bottles, kalkwasser containers, polyethylene foam, ashtrays, etc.

Some of these items might work for less time than others, most are salt water safe. :biggrin:

Well I just moved the GS2 w/ the 2 pumps to my new setup over the weekend; however, I think the water is too deep and the skimmer overflows w/ both pumps running. Need to raise it up a good 4-7" i'm guessing. What shoudl I use to accomplish this and keep the base of the skimmer sturdy so it doesn't tip over?

Any thoughts?

Once you figure out the correct height let me know and I can provide something maybe slightly more elegant.

thanks dan, what would you suggest/think for operational rage 5-9" w/ 2 pumps or so??? I think right now i'm in 13" which appearently isn't enough backpressure for the double pump set-up..

6" should be the magic number. 13" is a little deep for even one pump. Shoot me email if you need help, much quicker that way :)

Looks like you already have a solution, but I just want to second the ovc - I made a little stand out of pvc and superglued a piece of acrylic to the top of it to make a stand.

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought plastic food storage containers. They come in various depths. Mine were about 5 inches deep. Drilled a couple of holes in the bottom to let all the air out, flipped them upside down and put the skimmer on top. Works great.

cement blocks, rocks, sand, bricks, cat litter box, milk crate, dixie cups, pvc, eggcrate, coffee cups, glasses, acrylic, glass, aluminum, empty soda cans, tires, old shoes, egg cartons, logs, sticks, your cat, empty 2 part bottles, kalkwasser containers, polyethylene foam, ashtrays, etc.

Some of these items might work for less time than others, most are salt water safe.

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy that said a Redneck is one with:

"A glorious lack of sophistication"

Using any, or all of those items, might fit into that category. lol :biggrin:

(I had to use that reference since my wife was telling me about it last night when we took the dogs for a walk and saw a really nice depiction of the definition ;) )

Edited by Sikryd

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy that said a Redneck is one with:

"A glorious lack of sophistication"

Using any, or all of those items, might fit into that category. lol :biggrin:

(I had to use that reference since my wife was telling me about it last night when we took the dogs for a walk and saw a really nice depiction of the definition ;) )

Git-r-done!