Please Help!

russell_wiley

I got a mated pair of gold stripe maroons the other day, & it seems they are only interested in what's behind my rock work. How can I get them to come out so that I can see them without sitting almost behind my tank? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Russ

I think a 'time' fish is what you need. They'll come out when they are ready. If you really need a dither fish, get something that is peaceful and complements your tank. How about a Hawkfish?

My gold stripe maroon wench (she bites me all the time and destroys my aquascape) doesn't hang out in the open all the time either. It would go in and out of it's cave all day long. It stayed in one spot guarding it's cave unless I put food in the tank, then it goes where the food is. After it was done eating, it would go right back to it's spot in front of the cave. Now i have a RBTA and the clown hosts in the RBTA. The RBTA didn't like being on top of the rock where i put it and instead moved half way down behind the rock. Now that's where my gold stripe wench hangs out hosting in the RBTA. I can't add anything around it's habitat because It knocks things over and rips them apart. She attacked my sun coral and started picking it to shreds until i moved it to the middle of the tank. Nasty little wench that she is.

Your pair may just like it back there and that's how it goes....unless you want to get them an anemone to host, and then if you're lucky the anemone will choose a spot out in the open and your pair will host in it. It's all chance with these creatures.

I got a mated pair of gold stripe maroons the other day, & it seems they are only interested in what's behind my rock work. How can I get them to come out so that I can see them without sitting almost behind my tank? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Russ

Mine hid for a while when i set it up. They don't swim out in the open a ton but are now always visible in front of the rockwork, just give them time and mysis