Vortec wetside issues? Ecotech has identified the problem and will send out parts

Sikryd

Well I just got off the phone with Steve @ Ecotech marine - service@ecotechmarine.com - 800-785-0338 Ext.3

They had a bad batch of 1000 driveshafts that went into new pumps, repaired wetsides, and wetside boxes.

He said they had a batch that was oversized by .004 of an inch, that has been causing issues such as bearings locking up and melting things together - which of course cause the wetside to fall to the bottom of the tank.

They have identified the issue and will sent out new driveshafts if you are having a problem.

I figured this deserved its own thread so people can read the title and know that there is a fix. Try and get this out to the other forums if you can, cause I know for me it drove me insane!!!

The folks at Ecotech are the best. They are fellow hobbyst. I got really good support from them a few months back when I had some issues with my controllers.

So how do we get the new driveshaft from them?

James

Call them and talk to Steve.

If it was shipped within the months he is aware of, and he'll ask you to send in your serial #'s, and pictures of the wetside in question, in an email.

• 2 weeks later...