How do I mount a frag of neon sinularia?

Jan

I have a 2-3" frag of neon sinularia that I've glued 3 times to a frag plug. It keeps coming off. Will these just attach themselves if i use netting?

Use some cotton thread to wrap it around a frag plug or rock. The cotton won't expand or rot in saltwater like rubber bands. A dab of glue on the end of the thread will keep it from coming unraveled.

Other methods include bridal veil netting - and taking a thread and needle, and running the thread right through the stem. I think Justin's method is probably the best and easiest. But do NOT go super-gentle with the thread; the slippery little devil WILL slide right out of a loose noose.

My own personal method is to glue one end of a 1x3" (or thereabouts) strip of bridal veil to the bottom of a frag disk. Then run it across the top of the disk - twisted up until it is thin - and pull it tight across the softie, then glue the other end to the bottom of the frag disk. The bridal veil netting has some 'grip' with its sharp little edges. Usually, both ends will start growing. After about a week, you can cut off the netting. After about a week, the super-glue will be gone from your fingers, too.

bob

+1 with the thread. Although, you would probably only need to keep it down for what? a week? So rubber bands may work ok for the short amount of time they will be on there.

I gave up on trying to mount them, it rarely works for me. I put a cup of rubble in the tank and just put the frags into the cup, in about a week it will attach to a piece of rubble, then you wan mount it whereever you want.

john

Thanks everyone. I've got it wrapped in netting on a frag plug. I'll look at it in about a week or so. what a PITA, but the pretty ones usually are.

I have a 2-3" frag of neon sinularia that I've glued 3 times to a frag plug. It keeps coming off. Will these just attach themselves if i use netting?

I gave up on trying to mount them, it rarely works for me. I put a cup of rubble in the tank and just put the frags into the cup, in about a week it will attach to a piece of rubble, then you wan mount it whereever you want.

john

I've done that, too - but the cup has to have fairly low flow though it, but not NO flow. I drilled holes in the cup, and put bridal veil over the top of it. The bridal veil with larger holes.

bob