Watson's 250 display build

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definatey fluctuating much more but still manageable. It used to be at 80 and only vary up to about 81.

Now i'm having to drop it down to like 78 and it is getting up to about 82 when the halides go out in the evenings. I'm planning on a couple more fans that will hopefully help with the temp swings as a temporary fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks dave! I need to stop by sometime soon and see what you have cooking up there...

I know, it has been a looooooong several months. def really to relax and just enjoy things.

couple more that show the cabnetry a little better...

gallery_2631519_667_860119.jpg

gallery_2631519_667_71438.jpg

gallery_2631519_667_587163.jpg

thanks dan and sykrid, need to get a few snaps with just the antics on. the 3 400W MH's are BRIGHT, wish i would have gone with 14ks. also still working out where my sps colonies like to be as far as brightness. Burntout quit a few in the process...

it really looks awesome. i love the tank and the woodwork. i believe i see a koran in there? they are one of my favorite fish, but you're taking a gamble in a reef tank with it??

• 2 months later...
(edited)

well been a while since i posted some pics and i'm heading out on travel for 3 week so i figure i better post some while everything is still alive, haha...

gallery_2631519_667_708134.jpg

gallery_2631519_667_219766.jpg

gallery_2631519_667_788396.jpg

gallery_2631519_667_338143.jpg

gallery_2631519_667_48646.jpg

Edited by watson_barrett

Great looking tank! How much damage does the orangespot filefish do to the sps? Does it have a favorite colony to pick from or does it graze equally from everything?

I see why you need media so badly now. That's a lot of calcium demand!

thanks guys, things are really coming together with everything starting to fill in.

It is always nerve racking leaving town for weeks at a time, this time is realy rough b/c my wife will be out of town two of the three weeks as well so it's going to have to be 100% fully automated while i'm gone. lets just hope all is in one piece when i get back : ) hoping i can get some arm at wallys if not bens has some for me.

Justin the orangespot is in time out in my sump right now, haha. he was just picking evenly for the 1st 5 months i've had him and just recently he started attacking certain corals all out so i'm spot feeding him frozen food again, back to square one. didn't really fully train him the 1st time b/c i was worried he wasn't eating enough. should have waiting longer. let me know if any of you experienced reefers are up for babysiting the orangespot while i'm gone in one of your tanks, if not i would hope he would have enough live pods in the sump to hold him off while i'm gone.

thanks guys, things are really coming together with everything starting to fill in.

It is always nerve racking leaving town for weeks at a time, this time is realy rough b/c my wife will be out of town two of the three weeks as well so it's going to have to be 100% fully automated while i'm gone. lets just hope all is in one piece when i get back : ) hoping i can get some arm at wallys if not bens has some for me.

Justin the orangespot is in time out in my sump right now, haha. he was just picking evenly for the 1st 5 months i've had him and just recently he started attacking certain corals all out so i'm spot feeding him frozen food again, back to square one. didn't really fully train him the 1st time b/c i was worried he wasn't eating enough. should have waiting longer. let me know if any of you experienced reefers are up for babysiting the orangespot while i'm gone in one of your tanks, if not i would hope he would have enough live pods in the sump to hold him off while i'm gone.

You might see if there is someone you can hire to help check on things while you're gone, maybe one of the maintenance companies in WAMAS? two weeks unattended is just asking for disaster.

Re: orangespot, as I understand, they won't eat pods. They can be weaned onto frozen food but they still only have an instinct to eat polyps. Do you see yours actively eating pods?

not pods but he eats frozen food and blue zoo mix so i don't see why he wouldn't if he was hungry enough, maybe not though...

dave i may take you up on that, i'll give you a ring sat.

• 2 months later...