Hunter's 120 Gallon Tech Tank

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In your tank thread could you post a short summary of your maintenance routine? I am just curious to see what means and methods you use. " -bowiereefer

Sure Can!

I do a 30 gallon water change once a month (near the first). Occasionally, I will do two back to back 30 gallon changes (see nothing but good results from this).

I have a fish feeder programmed to dump a pinch 3x a day of garlic flake food from www.brineshrimpdirect.com and the occasional nori (1 or 2 times a week)

I have a small hob fuge, a carbon reactor, protein skimmer and a few filter socks.

I dose kalk constantly over the course of the day equal to the amount of evaporation I have. I use a grey seas reactor.

I can leave town for two weeks and just have someone come check the skimmer and filter socks.

man, when I move, I have to figure out how to get the r/o output line to the bucket of water that feeds the kalk stirrer :(

Hunter makes it look so easy :-)

a reliable top off set up is key! Maybe I can make it out your way some day and help you figure it out!

Hey, I will take you up on that after we move :-) Looking to go back to Sterling next spring.

first picture is an aussie echinata (wild from mr coral)

third picture is a solitarinesis (sp) I got from Chris Tran... its huge!

• 2 months later...

gorgeous tank! first time to read through...very nice pics. did you buy a underwater housing for the camera that's specific for the camera?

Thanks, I will get a FTS up asap. the camera itself is waterproof. Canon D10. Stick it in the tank, rinse with freshwater, let it dry then open to DL the pics. It is an awesome camera for this purpose.

i still can't believe that you get all this growth with just kalk......it makes no sense.

lol. Kalk is King. I did test my water a few weeks ago for the first time since March. My parameters were low so I did two water changes and things look good again. I need to test again.

lol. Kalk is King. I did test my water a few weeks ago for the first time since March. My parameters were low so I did two water changes and things look good again. I need to test again.

What level do you keep your Kalk at?

• 1 month later...