Have your Zoa's/Paly's from Mr. Coral melted?

Sikryd

I have purchased 2 acan colonies, 2 favite colonies and 2 small clams. I also was given a couple of orange zoas. I have not seen the zoas anywhere in my tank. The corals I think are comming along okay. The clams are getting better I think I saved them from his shop. But to be honest I was not impressed with the whole operation. Floors very dirty the front counter by the door was a total mess and not to mention just dirt on the floors and salt all over the place from the guys working there spilling water and not cleaning up after them selves. I walked in once got somethings and will never return not even for free corals. Since the place is nothing more than a chop shop.

Mr. Coral had a good reputation when strictly an on-line vendor, without all the death complaints, and he didn't deal with fish sales. He's got a lot of learning and experience to gain about operating a live retail shop, but I wouldn't give up on him so quickly - make suggestions to him if you have any.

I have a bubble coral and duncan from Mr. Coral that are doing great. I would go there again if given good incentive, but will not buy fish there again unless there's a preventative/curative QT system being used.

Zoa's melt.

I was looking at 20 frags - total maybe 150 polyps of Blue Hornets today. He purchased a colony with about 50 polyps (for a fortune), fragged it immediately. About 1/3 of them melted, and the rest are doing fine. It just happens that way. Always get a frag with a few new polyps on it if you can. I've moved nice colonies to my tank, and had them immediately start melting away - despite sitting right next to very healthy ones. I had a colony of AOG's - grew to 50 polyps. Fragged it, and sold all but a piece with 10 polyps. It melted back to 1 polyp, and I threw it into a different tank. Within a week it had 10 polyps. Zoa's are mystery corals!!!

bob

Have you or have tried dipping the zoas? Lugols's dip or coral revive. They seem to do the trick with zoas. Honestly, I had zoas melt from all the different places I have gotten them from.

I have bought many corals as well from Mr. Coral and have had a great success rate and never have had any melted zoa's or paly's. All my frags have grown and are looking great. I would check you water and also make sure there are no pests.

I have bought many corals as well from Mr. Coral and have had a great success rate and never have had any melted zoa's or paly's. All my frags have grown and are looking great. I would check you water and also make sure there are no pests.

I did both after that - thinking something might be off that I couldn't tell by home tests. Everything is looking good otherwise. Thanks for all the ideas.

Water Test Summary

Ammonia (NH3-4) ........................Good ......................................... 0.005

Nitrite (NO2)................................Good ......................................... 0.017

Nitrate (NO3)...............................Good .............................................3.3

Phosphate (PO4) .......................... High............................................ 0.51

Silica (SiO2-3) ............................. High.............................................. 0.8

Potassium (K) ...............................Low................ ............................. 328

Calcium (Ca)................................Good ............................................ 384

Boron (B) .....................................Low.......... ....................................1.5

Molybdenum (Mo)......................... High.............................................. 0.2

Strontium (Sr) .............................Good .............................................9.0

Magnesium (Mg) ..........................Good .......................................... 1238

Iodine (I

the other with zoas, def with fragging them. They tend to get diseases rather quick after fragging them. Everytime I frag zoas, I always dip them to prevent

disease and infection. That could be some of the issue with your zoas.