fragfest

zygote2k

I'll bump this back to the first page.

I will bring my 38 for drill practice - I was going to use it for that at home then learned about the frag fest demo. I have no intention of taking the tank back home, so after I have my go at it anyone is welcome to put holes in it or break it or take it home. realized there would be drill demo at this frag fest, so I can have some more supervision and guidance now!

I need a lesson in drilling a tank that is on a stand or table - I want to be able to sucessfully drill 3 holes in a tank in that position, so I can feel confident enough to drill my 65 without having to empty it (I won't drill it if I have to empty it). Would it be possible to have such a lesson? Other people might also be interested in trying to drill that way.

I want to be able to sucessfully drill 3 holes in a tank in that position, so I can feel confident enough to drill my 65 without having to empty it (I won't drill it if I have to empty it). Would it be possible to have such a lesson? Other people might also be interested in trying to drill that way.

I have seen videos of people drilling their tanks while they still have livestock in them. It just doesn't sound like a smart idea. I mean, I have drilled so many holes in glass and I wouldn't even tackle that one. I am not saying it is impossible...it would probably be no problem at all..its just that if something bad happens...its gonna be a BIG problem vs a smaller problem if the tank were empty. I just imagine someone drilling and then "CRACK & WHOOSH" (that's the sound of glass cracking and water, fish, and corals spewing out onto your living room floor).

Not to give you any doubts or anything....ha ha...sorry. I am sure you'll be fine..I am just paranoid about things.

I have seen videos of people drilling their tanks while they still have livestock in them. It just doesn't sound like a smart idea. I mean, I have drilled so many holes in glass and I wouldn't even tackle that one. I am not saying it is impossible...it would probably be no problem at all..its just that if something bad happens...its gonna be a BIG problem vs a smaller problem if the tank were empty. I just imagine someone drilling and then "CRACK & WHOOSH" (that's the sound of glass cracking and water, fish, and corals spewing out onto your living room floor).

Not to give you any doubts or anything....ha ha...sorry. I am sure you'll be fine..I am just paranoid about things.

Other people here have done it without a problem, which gave me the impression that it isn't that difficult.

(edited)
Ummm, who's Howard?

... what is this frag gest you all speak... when/where/do i need secret handshake to get in?

They as such cute questions when they are young, don't they?

Edited by Grav

Looking for Baby Bottle Nipples

Bring your extra nipples that you are not using anymore to the frag fest. Make some frag plugs and take them home with you. These nipples can be used as molds for the plugs that fit into eggcrate. Bring any old nipples that you are no longer using and you can fill them with the agrocrete mixture and take them home.

Remember to share and bring extra nipples for others that are less fortunate. ;)

I'm going...I will be giving another Demonstration on making Frag Plugs and Discs using:

• Crushed Coral and Shells
  • Portland Cement
  • Water
  • Specialized Tools

I'm hoping to get many participates making plugs and discs.

100_2039.jpg

d

I will cut if interested:

Leishman's Tabling Acro Frags $20 2 available

ORA Roscoe's $1" $30 1 available

ORA Marshall Island Purple and Green $20 1 available

Purple Monster $40 1 available

ORA Birds of Paradise $30 1 available

Nuclear Green Palys 5 Polyps $30 1 available

Tyree Tri Color Valida $30 1 available

Duncan 11 heads $70 1 available

Green Efflo $20 3 available

Plus I have a for sale thred (pictures) with more corals at: http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?show...c=30474&hl=

I'm looking to buy some $5 or $10 paly (or zoa) frags if anyone has some to bring.