Some Pics of my 120

Nate

I have not started a tank thread for this tank yet so I am posting the pictures in this forum. Anyway, I got bored and decided to just snap some pics this morning.

Tank-6-9-09-1.jpg

Tank-6-9-09-2.jpg

Tank-6-9-09-3.jpg

Tank-6-9-09-4.jpg

Nice photos Nate. What type of wrasse is that?

Thanks. I actually think I suck at taking photos. The wrasse is a Banana Wrasse with a white bottom.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)
How do you keep your sand bed so white?

I actually have a cyano problem and sucked it all out the other day. I have been running bioballs, which I removed the same day I did the cleaning. I am hoping the nasty red slime doesn't come back. I also think it looks so white partially from the contrast of the picture.

Edited by Nate

If the cyano does come back, get "blue life red slime remover". I now swear by the stuff. It completely rid my tank of cyano and it hasn't come back since.

Awesome pics Nate, Thanks for sharing.

I think I need to go clean my tank now.....

Laura

I used the stuff and it crashed my 90 gal taking all my sps with it. But worked great on my 30 gal softy tank. Needless to say I'll never use the stuff again.

If the cyano does come back, get "blue life red slime remover". I now swear by the stuff. It completely rid my tank of cyano and it hasn't come back since.

(edited)
I see you've incorporated another frag rack. Frags from the Frag Fest?

Actually no. I didn't get much from the frag fest since I was forced to leave early...the woman was getting bored. Bob hooked me up with some decent pieces though.

Edited by Nate

nice tank and pictures nate.

Thanks...I am still having trouble getting my photos to come out the way I want them to.

Looking good. The 120g is such a nice size tank, I surprised more people don't have them.

Rik, I love my 120. The 120 replaced my old 72 bow which was a terrible tank IMO. I like the older style AGA 120 with the corner overflows. The newer tanks have the overflows on the back wall which takes away about 6 inches from the depth of the tank. I am all about deep tanks. Sucks that AGA doesn't make the corner style overflows anymore. I also like the onlder style 75 gallon AGA tanks with the corner overflow.

Thanks...I am still having trouble getting my photos to come out the way I want them to.

Rik, I love my 120. The 120 replaced my old 72 bow which was a terrible tank IMO. I like the older style AGA 120 with the corner overflows. The newer tanks have the overflows on the back wall which takes away about 6 inches from the depth of the tank. I am all about deep tanks. Sucks that AGA doesn't make the corner style overflows anymore. I also like the onlder style 75 gallon AGA tanks with the corner overflow.

Sounds like its time to get a custom 120 with an external overflow...........

Sounds like its time to get a custom 120 with an external overflow...........

Actually, I think my next tank is going to be the same size as the one your downgrading from. What size is that bad boy anyway? And who makes it?