High Phosphate?

bk_market

One of the frag that RTNed on me last week turn green when inside my tank. It was white but start to turn green now. I remember someone said that it mean my phosphate is high if this is the case? What should I do to lower it?

i havent test for phosphate yet but I think I read somewhere that when the dieing coral turn green it usually due to high phosphate but im not sure though cause I don't remember where I saw that information.

Never heard that there is a connection between high phosphates and the color of a coral's skeleton. I have had corals that were green underneath when they died, but it was specific to a particular species of coral. Other frags that died at the same time were the regular white color.

Jon

Get a Phosphate test kit. If the concentration is high, get a PhosBan rector and some PhosBan. I used PhosBan and was amazed at how well it worked. Also test your tap water and let us know if it reads high too.

One of the frag that RTNed on me last week turn green when inside my tank. It was white but start to turn green now. I remember someone said that it mean my phosphate is high if this is the case? What should I do to lower it?

I am sure it was a white skeleton that turned green as algae covered. It happens very fast after tissue recedes or the coral dies.