Anyone hosting their fishtank online?

queloque

you will need broadband internet connection, usb webcam which comes with webcam software and Microsoft Windows Media Encoder version 9. Windows Media Encoder is a free download.

you will need broadband internet connection, usb webcam which comes with webcam software and Microsoft Windows Media Encoder version 9. Windows Media Encoder is a free download.

Interesting, how do you do it?

i used to, hence my sn, but ive since stopped because of the trouble. ill post again with my tech, im maxing and relaxing in the pacific as we speak ;), but my setup took an old laptop, dedicated ip, webcam and a program called webcam xp (since i was too lazy to figure out webcams in linux)

I was looking to do it. I'm curious what others have done.

Interesting, how do you do it?

I don't have it setup but that's what I found on net if I ever decide to do it I'll do more searches :)

Tagging along.

I have a MAC. so I want it to be very easy and work. Not just because I'm a apple user and expect that. sorry PC peeps. but not some sort of supper computer guy. So is there anything out there Like that? I have a Mac Pro and a Mac book pro lap top. wireless in the house and ehthernet (spelling)cord can be run to the tank.

Thanks Curtis

WiFi webcams have come down in price. That will allow you to put it where ever you want without dedicating a PC/Laptop to it.

I am thinking about doing something similar.

cam setup

Just go to camstreams.com and set up an account.

There is a tool you download that communicates with whatever camera you have and that is pretty much it.

You might have to do some router configurations for your port.

I'm testing them out for a little bit.