Ogo Growers

L8 2 RISE

Is anyone else growing ogo? I've been growing mine forever and I can't actually get it NOT to grow- under no light, high light, etc. I know I've given/traded some with a few people, has it survived in your tanks? I ask this because I was looking around on RC and there was a long thread about ogo, and no one seemed to have been able to grow the stuff, so I'm just trying to figure out what I've done to make it grow?

BTW, anyone I've traded ogo with, if yours has died and you want to try again, feel free to PM me, I'll give you some more.

I've tried hard a couple times to grow red gracilaria. It never grew for me. And caulerpa grew like wild.

Here is a pic when I was trying to grow them both.

I recall Dan (dandy7200) gave me a bunch of red gracilaria and he said in his system, it outgrew other algaes. Go figger.

gallery_696_10_146343.jpg

I just bought some Ogo this past weekend, a small bunch for $1.99. I will post back in a month to see if is doing anything.

(edited)

I hate typing (and trying to spell) gracillarialara. I like ogo, I will use that from now on.

I have found that ogo grows best when it is tumbled. John at BRK suggested it, and I had some doing VERY well by itself in a 6g fuge. Could take out a handfull a day to feed to tangs. Somehow the flow changed and it stopped tumbeling, same light, same water, same everything but no tumble... most was dead and rotting in a week. Got the flow thing fixed and have just a few little shards, but i figgure it will recover and come back.

Good luck!!

Edited by Grav